Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I went to code 3000, accepted by production control, on 8/30 and haven't seen any movement on my order since then. Obviously, for some reason that no one can tell me, my order doesn't have the Zero Zip Code Priority that I was told it would have.

So my question for you all is, how long was the timeframe between when you were coded 3000 and when your order started moving forward (codes 3100, 3400, 3800). I am getting really frustrated with my inability to get info from my dealer and everyone else I contact just says "You need to get this info from your dealer." ARGHHH!!! :brentil:

Any info you guys can post to help me predict what may happen to my order would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
It looks like your dealer never got your order in as a ZZ because it would have been built by now.

I don't remember when I went 3100 or 3200. I did go 3400 on 8-29, 3800 on 9-9, 4000 on 9-12, 4104 on 9-15 (bailment invoice) and as of today 4B00 or 4200 Shipped, But my dealer is not sure which code it is (4B00 or 4200) but the system updates tomorrow.

Your dealer should have been working with his area rep.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
dengel said:
Okay, I went to code 3000, accepted by production control, on 8/30 and haven't seen any movement on my order since then. Obviously, for some reason that no one can tell me, my order doesn't have the Zero Zip Code Priority that I was told it would have.

So my question for you all is, how long was the timeframe between when you were coded 3000 and when your order started moving forward (codes 3100, 3400, 3800). I am getting really frustrated with my inability to get info from my dealer and everyone else I contact just says "You need to get this info from your dealer." ARGHHH!!! :brentil:

Any info you guys can post to help me predict what may happen to my order would be greatly appreciated.
3000 8/17, 3100 8/29, 3300 8/29, 3400 8/29 ,3800 9/9 . But I was one of those zz that they made the car and it was used for testing so my dealer had to resubmitt the order. For some reason they used reg orders for some more test cars.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
You don't want to know. I sat for MONTHS at 3000... but mine went to 3000 pretty early, though.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Looks like a lot of the 8/17-8/20 crowd that had their orders move to 3000 got built recently so Dengel it shouldn't be too long.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
I'm at 3100. I'm not going to bother Cricket for at least a month. The initial rush has passed; now I'm depressed. My mom passed away in January, my son moved out two weeks ago, and there's a threat looming over my job. I hope I don't see the car until December because I'll need that much time to settle my emotions. :(

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
solli4me said:
I'm at 3100. I'm not going to bother Cricket for at least a month. The initial rush has passed; now I'm depressed. My mom passed away in January, my son moved out two weeks ago, and there's a threat looming over my job. I hope I don't see the car until December because I'll need that much time to settle my emotions. :(
I feel for you, solli. September is coming to an end, the colder weather has started to move in to NJ, and there's been no movement on my order for a month. I've kind of reached the point where I'm saying it doesn't really matter when they build my car now. Realistically, whenever it does get delivered, I won't really be able to enjoy it until spring anyway.

I'm just getting so frustrated that no one will answer my question about what happened to my order that it wasn't filled with rest of the Zero Zip Code orders. Why can't someone just admit "we screwed up, your order is in the queue with the regular allocation orders." Maybe offer me some free maintenance or Solstice accessories as a balm?

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
I think in order to participate in the FM, ZZ, program you had to be called directly by Pontiac HQ. Other than that, the dealer would allocate you according to his list with his preferential customers loaded in first. You know, the people who've paid up front or who've been his previous customers. This is what I've seen. The worst of it is not knowing...

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
solli4me said:
I think in order to participate in the FM, ZZ, program you had to be called directly by Pontiac HQ. Other than that, the dealer would allocate you according to his list with his preferential customers loaded in first. You know, the people who've paid up front or who've been his previous customers. This is what I've seen. The worst of it is not knowing...
No I wasn't called by Pontiac HQ, my dealer gave me the info. Dengel, ask you dealer to call DCB, but go in person, so you know he did and see what they say. My dealer just did it and told me my delivery date was 9/20 but was changed to 9/29. Then he put in a hot ticket request. (If it does any good I don't know, it's the second time he put in hot ticket request.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
deluke said:
No I wasn't called by Pontiac HQ, my dealer gave me the info. Dengel, ask you dealer to call DCB, but go in person, so you know he did and see what they say. My dealer just did it and told me my delivery date was 9/20 but was changed to 9/29. Then he put in a hot ticket request. (If it does any good I don't know, it's the second time he put in hot ticket request.
Yeah, I think that is my current plan. I'm going to go over on Friday, because I know the General Manager will be working then, and the GM Rep usually visits on that day too. Wish me luck, and hopefully I'll have some news to share over the weekend.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
dengel said:
Yeah, I think that is my current plan. I'm going to go over on Friday, because I know the General Manager will be working then, and the GM Rep usually visits on that day too. Wish me luck, and hopefully I'll have some news to share over the weekend.
Good Luck !! And make sure he calls DBC with you there, because they will put him on hold for around 5-10 min.Hope you find out something very soon> It's a bummer about the zero zip thing.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
5,641 Posts
deluke said:
3000 8/17, 3100 8/29, 3300 8/29, 3400 8/29 ,3800 9/9 .
Close. #3800 Produced 9/12. #4150 Invoice 9/26. Awaiting shipment.

Bonzo Audit Scorecard :)
Defend Dealership: No Critical Dealership: No
Defend GM: No Critical GM: No
Provide Infomation: Yes
Answer Question: No
General Conversation: No

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Close. #3800 Produced 9/12. #4150 Invoice 9/26. Awaiting shipment.

Bonzo Audit Scorecard :)
Defend Dealership: No Critical Dealership: No
Defend GM: No Critical GM: No
Provide Infomation: Yes
Answer Question: No
General Conversation: No

I went to my dealer and he has invoice showing shipped 4200. delivery 2/20 changed to 2/29. I don't know what to think anymore also he called DBC and they told him same thing del 9/29. I have a copy of the invoice in fromt of me.I guess we'll see.I know the first sheets with all the codes had so many change of dates it was hard to figure.Thanks Small Dealer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts