Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i'm not the tallest ever, but i'm 6'3" around 215 lb's. i haven't read to much on how much room there is. i've been in mx-5's before (never drove) but found room to be a little to small for my frame. i know the Sol/Sky are bigger, but how tall are some of the owners? if i can fit, it will be my only car. i was just wondering....Save for the car of my dreams, or settle on something because i'm to big? Thanks...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Dumpweed said:
Ok, i'm not the tallest ever, but i'm 6'3" around 215 lb's. i haven't read to much on how much room there is. i've been in mx-5's before (never drove) but found room to be a little to small for my frame. i know the Sol/Sky are bigger, but how tall are some of the owners? if i can fit, it will be my only car. i was just wondering....Save for the car of my dreams, or settle on something because i'm to big? Thanks...
Don't think you will have a problem. Go to the Apprentice/EOP/First 1000 Thread and Owners Survey. It has their height, weight and inseam for owners that have their cars. Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
You'll be close. I am 6' and felt I was slighly too tall because the steering wheel was blocking the tops of the gauges. The windshield surround was also kinda low, but that's like that because it's so small and raked back. I'm used to a bit higher, but adjusting to the Sol shouldn't be a problem for me. Also, it really depends on other measurements because I feel like I have quite a long torso.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a ton...i really hope i can fit into one of sol/sky. well, here is to saving and waiting...(if i can fit)

·
Registered
316 Posts
GradSoulStice said:
6'2 215 its got a low windshield but nothing I won't get used to. I'd do it if I was you.
:agree: 6'2" 195

Have to sink in alittle to see stoplights and avoid the view being blocked by the top of the windshield but it's not uncomfortable. The longest time Ive driven it so far has been about 30 minutes nonstop, but Ive always been able to comfortably shift around in the seat.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm very tall -- 6'7" and I can sqeeze in

My car hasn't arrived yet, but the dealer let me sit in the first Solstice to arrive here in Wichita. I assure you it is totally uncomfortable. My heels will almost always topuch. I have about one inch of space between my legs and the steering wheel when my knees are as far as part as I can make them. My head brushes a convertable metal frame. I know my back and hips will kill me whenever I drive for too long. ...and if I ever get in a serious wreck.

But, I do fit and this car is soooo beautiful.

I drove a mustang which was only slighly larger as a daily driver and the Solstice is my wife's daily driver. So I'll be tooling around on the weekends and short drives to the grocery store.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
I'm 6-2

It's not the best fit in the world... the gauges are hard to read and the wide frame around the windshield blocks a fair amount of the view. My seat is all the way back and too upright for my tastes. But I"m gonna keep her... Hopefully the next generation will address the fit issues.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I'm 6' and 170lbs. There is tons of head room (about 6 to 7 inches) and shoulder room. Leg room is another story. Because of the design of the car, if you have to push the seat back, you have to adjust the seat back more upright. So if you have really long legs, you might end up feeling like you're in church. The car fits me almost perfectly. I would like to recline the seat a little more, but if I do, my knees will raise up to the dash and the angle of my shin to foot decreases causing fatigue on long trips. But again, for me, it's very, very close to perfect. Taller folks might have a bit of awkwardness in this car, but I think this is probably the case with almost any roadster.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts