Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if this is already covered, however, I've glanced through serveral threads looking for instructions on how to, but.. I just keep seeing that everyone else is on the list and I'm jealous.. :yesnod:

I tried talking to my local dealership, and to be honest, they were dickheads and basically had nothing to say. I asked about being on the early list and even offered to pay whatever amount upfront to do so. ALl the manager had to say was..

"I'm only expecting to get 6 in after October, and those I'm selling as they come in.. sorry."

That was enough to have me leave and never want to come back.

Are all of the first 1,000 already ordered or is their still opportunity for me to reserve a car? If so, how can I do it? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
All of the first 1000 cars are gone in 41 minutes in April. All orders from now on are "regular allocation". Those are the words you'd need to search on for many more threads on that subject.

In a nutshell each dealer get allocated X number of cars based on several factors (prior sales, region of country etc.). They come in 4 month increments and dealers right now know their first 4 month cycle, how many cars they are getting. That's the question you need to ask them, how many they got in first 4 month cycle, how many are spoken for with deposits etc.

They do sound like a bunch of guys I'd steer clear of, find a new dealer and speak to them in those terms and they'll know you know what's what. This dealer might also not be taking deposits against his allocation and just choosing to sell them off the floor (probably at markup).

Good luck, many dealers have a backlog of people for the first 4 month allocation so shop around.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mceb said:
All of the first 1000 cars are gone in 41 minutes in April. All orders from now on are "regular allocation". Those are the words you'd need to search on for many more threads on that subject.

In a nutshell each dealer get allocated X number of cars based on several factors (prior sales, region of country etc.). They come in 4 month increments and dealers right now know their first 4 month cycle, how many cars they are getting. That's the question you need to ask them, how many they got in first 4 month cycle, how many are spoken for with deposits etc.

They do sound like a bunch of guys I'd steer clear of, find a new dealer and speak to them in those terms and they'll know you know what's what. This dealer might also not be taking deposits against his allocation and just choosing to sell them off the floor (probably at markup).

Good luck, many dealers have a backlog of people for the first 4 month allocation so shop around.
Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to take that approach.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was the late to the game and didn't get my deposit in until last week. My local dealer wouldn't guarantee when it would be in (they had 8 orders already)
but I'm assured of only paying sticker. No markups. I would keep looking for another dealer. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Get your MSRP in writing

Welcome to the forum. There is a thread about ordering which might help: link to "Help me understand the regular allocation order process please" Specifically, there, I have a post which shows a deposit agreement form: link to "Deposit Acceptance Agreement".

One of the critical points from the MSRP discussion is to have it right up front.

Go to the http://www.pontiac.com website enter your zip code, and do a search for dealers near you. You can also go to the "Modify Search" link at the top of the first dealer list that pops up and expand the search our to 150 miles radius.

Call the dealers as mceb suggests and ask the following questions:
  1. How many units do you have in your first 4 month allocation? (The number should be in the range of zero to about fifteen.)
  2. Do you have any of those that are not already sold to customers?
  3. Will you sell at MSRP?
You'll be able to eliminate dealers pretty quickly. It would also help to ask to talk to the Fleet Manager when you call. If you get a really cagey salesman, you may know to steer clear.

Don't stop calling until you've found one. Also don't be afraid to call fairly remote dealerships. Make it a road trip--it's worth it!

Take a copy of the Deposit agreement linked above in my post. If they won't sign, then go on to the next.

Best of luck. We frequently hear folks finding some dealers out there, so don't despair, there are good dealers out there like our own Conejo 148, Small Dealer, and GTOJ.

Hope this helps. :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts