Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
A sponsor GF Chips has a $69.00 chip install with a claim of a 60HP increase bringing out put to 320HP from our stock 260HP. With the GMPP tune you get 30HP for 290HP total with a 10 time price increase but you get to keep your factory warranty. Has any one tried this chip?

60 Horsepower Increase 7 MPG Boost Custom ECU Chip

·
Registered
406 Posts
Scamscamscam:willy: stay away!!!:willy:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No John I have a 2009 Solstice and would like to know if any one has tried the GF chip.

·
Registered
24 Posts
No John I have a 2009 Solstice and would like to know if any one has tried the GF chip.
I think that's what John is telling you.
That the ad for all that HP for $69 is a scam.

·
Registered
395 Posts
These "chips" are actually not chips, just bad ideas. What they do is sit in between the intake air temperature sensor and the CPU, and modify what is reported by the sensor, thus increasing ignition advance.
You will not gain 60HP, 5 is more in the ballpark given the size of the engine, and in some cases, if the ambient air is hot enough, will encounter knock which can potentially destroy the engine, especially in turbo applications. Don't do it.

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Discussion is fine but I removed the link due to sponsorship rules.

Thanks.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Wow, just wow. Please I would even recommend a Trifecta tune over this $69 Chip. Please don't do it.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,501 Posts
Jeff - Which one of our sponsors makes or offers this device?
Most likely it was part of one of the Google Ads that many see on this site.

Since I use Firefox or Chrome, both with Adblock Plus, I never see any ads on this site.

·
Registered
258 Posts
alright back to the subject. link was removed 4 post ago.

Is there anymore information on this chip. I'm just curious to call them and ask them some questions regarding how they came up with this chip and if they have some data.

·
Registered
24 Posts

Is there anymore information on this chip. I'm just curious to call them and ask them some questions regarding how they came up with this chip and if they have some data.
A link to the site in the ad. LINK

The part I really like is choosing what year and style. From 2006 - 2012.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I've been looking for a 2012 Coupe....:willy:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Awesome case closed.

·
Registered
33 Posts

:agree::yesnod:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts