Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First and foremost, great site. I've been lurking for months now.

My question is regards to deposits. It has been triggered after reading "Small_Dealers" preparation steps in the forum up above us, however I am unable to respond to posts in there.

In his notes, he's included that deposit should be checked as "Yes" meaning there is one. My dealer has waived my deposit on any Solstice that I order. What I'm asking is, is a deposit required for one of the first 1,000? If not, will not having a deposit affect delivery times, etc?

Thanks for any and all answers.

·
5,641 Posts
Josh, although the program dosen't "require" a deposit, it is "encouraged" and "suggested" that a refundable deposit be taken. I "suggested" the box be checked "yes", because I am not sure any one has the time to find out what "no" will do. I (and by I , I mean just me) would see if the dealer would take and hold a small check as a token deposit. If not to hold the car, at least for the appearance. And agree on the amount and type of deposit in case there is a quiz later.

Good luck and welcome.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Good point smalldealer in that there is a possibility that in some states there may not be a real order until some money changes hands. Even $50 will probably work. Earnest money is what it is called in real estate, I think. Make an offer on a house but even if yours is higher if the other party coughs up a small check first, and the check is accepted, they get the house.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Would you suggest we give our cell number to the EOP center for the confirmation call. When would the confirmation call be placed. What if they get a busy signal? So much to worry about.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know I've seen this elsewhere in the forum. Just to confirm. Why would my dealer tell me that they are being allocated 3 of these, and it was based on the past sale of certain vehicles in the pontiac lineup.

I asked specifically if they were talking about the first 1000 and they confirmed that. In addition they took a deposit. Told me to get a registration number and call it in to them tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
bronzestar said:
I know I've seen this elsewhere in the forum. Just to confirm. Why would my dealer tell me that they are being allocated 3 of these, and it was based on the past sale of certain vehicles in the pontiac lineup.

I asked specifically if they were talking about the first 1000 and they confirmed that. In addition they took a deposit. Told me to get a registration number and call it in to them tomorrow.
Your dealer might mean hes been allocated 3 POST EOP cars. Because allocation #'s for post EOP is available to dealers now. The post EOP cars are based off previous car sales for that dealer plus a variable based off how well other Roadsters/Convertibles sell in that area.

Welcome as well!!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bronzestar said:

The post above mine is correct. All dealers have their EOP allocation, as well as their regular production allocation. Mine is a very large volume (#1 Pontiac dealership) and will be getting quite a few per month. Also, all 5 of the alotted EOP's they have been granted.

The problem is there will be more than 1,000 EOP codes given. It's basically going to come down to how fast your dealer can input your information and click "submit" to see if you're one of the lucky ones.

Say some prayers tonight.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Josh said:
The post above mine is correct. All dealers have their EOP allocation, as well as their regular production allocation. Mine is a very large volume (#1 Pontiac dealership) and will be getting quite a few per month. Also, all 5 of the alotted EOP's they have been granted.

The problem is there will be more than 1,000 EOP codes given. It's basically going to come down to how fast your dealer can input your information and click "submit" to see if you're one of the lucky ones.

Say some prayers tonight.
Same Josh from C&G?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
It's the word allocation that throws is all off because that implies you are getting X. Think of EOP as a contest of sorts with a cap of 5 per dealer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts