Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty new to this forum, and well forums in general. I want a Solstice bad, but being 6'3" seems to be a problem. In the last few weeks i've been in an S2000, new MX-5 (sorry i dont like the car much, but wanted to see how i fit), and a Boxer. the S2000 the steering wheel was in my lap, and it couldnt go up any more, the boxer had the same problem the Mazda, well, i fit fine, and once i was in, i could shift and wheel was fine. well, as i live in the middle of no where, the pontiac dealers wont get them for some time as everyones orders are filled, so i did some searching and found out some interesting stuff.

Head room: MX5 37.4" Sol 38.5" my current car 37.6"
Leg room: 43.1" 42.7" 41.9"

so really i should fit in the solstice just fine, but there isnt really anything for steering wheel location i found, and that is turning out to be the big kicker. so does anyone my height have a problem with the steering wheel? or with fitting in general? and if you were wondering what my car is its a 02 Cavalier, and shut up, i know it sucks, lol, but hey, i needed something at the time.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I'm a little shorter @ 6'1.5", it does feel a little cramped compared to my Sunfire, but it's mostly on the sides (ie you can't move your legs inward and sit like you would sitting on a bar stool). It wasn't banging into my legs at all when I sat with my legs stretched out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
You should have no problem fitting in it. I am 6' 3" and fit great. Plenty of room under the steering wheel. It is sort of like sitting in a cockpit... very nice feel, but that is just my opinion. :cool:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I am also 6'1 .5 and I fit in it mint. I also agree there isnt much room widthwise down my the pedals but honestly, you will fit fine...just dont grow anymore!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
dylan01 said:
...just dont grow anymore!
:glol: made me laugh

I wish I could get my kids to stop growing :leaving:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha, i'm 23, i dont plan on growing up anymore, trying not to grow out. I think this helps me alot. i just want one so bad, but if i'm not going to fit, i dont want to wait months dreaming of this car, only to find out i'm too tall!!! Thanks everyone, i have to say this is a great forum.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I think I'm pushing the limit of all of us at 6'4, but I measured myself appropriately (leg length and torso height) before letting myself fall in love with this car. As soon as I see how I fit in it (hopefully before Christmas), I'll be sure to share.

·
Premium Member
10,472 Posts
Best advise can give you, try to find one and try it out, then make your decision.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
ralph_on_me said:
I think I'm pushing the limit of all of us at 6'4, ...
You might want to search the forum - seems to me there was someone at 6'7" that tried one out (I think he fit).

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Dumpweed said:
haha, i'm 23, i dont plan on growing up anymore, trying not to grow out. I think this helps me alot. i just want one so bad, but if i'm not going to fit, i dont want to wait months dreaming of this car, only to find out i'm too tall!!! Thanks everyone, i have to say this is a great forum.
There's plenty of room for the beer gut you WILL some day possess. Trust us on this. Been there, doing that. :lol: Anyway the wheel is tilt and the highest positiongives a tremendous amount of clearance. I am only 5'10" but my salesman is about 6'2" to 6'3"and he fit very well at the ride and drive without having to scrunch down. Here he is compared to the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Beer gut, what beer gut? hahah, thanks for the help everyone. i do want to find one to test fit myself in, but it'll be a while, if not before X-mass, then i'll have to wait till Detroit. thanks everyone

1 - 11 of 11 Posts