Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Todd had suggested a thread for burning questions if anyone can get the ear of a GM exec at the Hilton Head party...

Fire away....try to keep conversation to minimum so those going can see the questions.

Top of the hit parade are...

1) Why can't GM track orders better?

2) Why can't GM better control dealers who are charging over sticker price?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Here are some of my questions, but I know they won't talk about future stuff:

1) Removable hard top for current model year solstice...when and how much?
2) Turbo upgrade for current model year solstice...when and how much?
3) Invite SolsticeForum members to help design future Solstice,options,colors,etc.
4) Who can we get to have a SolsticeForum q&a for engineers and marketing? (btw...haven't heard back from the email I sent Mark last week and left him a vm today)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Ask if there is going to be an 07 GTP model.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
define GTP for me...

·
Registered
336 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Retrofits

We have a number of forum members reporting wind noises and leaks from the convertible top and we have heard there has been a redesign of the side windows and rubber seals for cars still at the plant. Will existing Solstice owners be notified to have the new seals and windows replaced?

·
Registered
206 Posts
In today's information age, would it not be possible for customers to track their own VOM through the production process?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have read comments by forum members who are very concerned about their new Solstice not shifting smoothly into some gears. I don't know how extensive this is, but it would seem this should be taken into consideration for discussion with GM. Possibly GM already worked this out for the cars now comming off the line. In addition others have commented on the shifting clunk. Somewhere on the forum I have read that GM says that the clunk is normal for this car and will not cause any damage. Its nice to know that no damage will occur, but some forum members' have found the clunk annoying and unacceptable. Again, consideration should be given to discusing this with GM. I haven't got my car yet, but I know that shifiting problems and the clunk will bother me.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
i ran out of paper printing all these questions!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Carpe Diem

You might try to find out how this forum can be more helpful to the Solstice team & vice versa. There are some synergist possibilities that could solidify the mutual benefits. Like:
A Soltsice Forum Advisor Board - first responders to new ideas & concepts
Sponsoring of clubs
Special goodies from Pontiac for clubs
Actual testing of new cars prior to public release (similiar to the dealer drive & rides)
Support amatuer race circuit
Use our member list
100s of other opportunities....brainstorming @ HH !!

It seems that Pontiac would be remiss in not using the fevor & enthusiasm of the members of this forum to gain & sustain the momentum for the Solstice.

·
Registered
203 Posts
GreatWhiteNorth said:
We have a number of forum members reporting wind noises and leaks from the convertible top and we have heard there has been a redesign of the side windows and rubber seals for cars still at the plant. Will existing Solstice owners be notified to have the new seals and windows replaced?
good point...

Gm has the:
http://www.mygmlink.com site

It seems site for 2-way communications.
ie. I added my 1100 owner oil change, Let GM communicate to me as to recalls and service bullitins.

·
2,574 Posts
gwilks said:
I have read comments by forum members who are very concerned about their new Solstice not shifting smoothly into some gears. I don't know how extensive this is, but it would seem this should be taken into consideration for discussion with GM. Possibly GM already worked this out for the cars now comming off the line. In addition others have commented on the shifting clunk. Somewhere on the forum I have read that GM says that the clunk is normal for this car and will not cause any damage. Its nice to know that no damage will occur, but some forum members' have found the clunk annoying and unacceptable. Again, consideration should be given to discusing this with GM. I haven't got my car yet, but I know that shifiting problems and the clunk will bother me.
This is a great question! And thanks to Todd and others for organizing the idea of questions for GM at HH. :)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Perhaps an explanation on what factors are used to determine how/when orders are scheduled for production.
I know myself and others would like to know how our 1st or 2nd spot in allocation cars still aren't scheduled for prod. when there are 4th and 5th spots with build dates.

Thanks guys and have fun - wish I could join y'all!

·
1,492 Posts
Questions

Great idea, I agree with this approach. Let's be partners with GM on the future of this car. Looking forward to seeing the responses after HH.
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I'm at the Westin Resort now, already talked to one of the Solstice Team - David Hinds (I think; NICE guy!). They have a big tent here with Solstices for test drives for those that either didn't bring theirs or don't have it yet. We're going to cruise around before the festivities tonight. Later!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Hilton Head update

• Event Collectible #1: Standard black Solstice hat with Solstice logo and lettering in white.
  • Event Collectible #2: Key ring (not 1st 1000; with Solstice logo.
The Hospitality Suite opens up in an hour. We'll meet more folks then, hopefully some from the Forum! Already met a nice couple (non-Forumites) from New Orleans who just got word on the way here that their car, #257 (1st 1000, Mysterious, two-tone) has arrived. They are kinda pissed because they wanted to bring it here with them. More later!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
latest HH update

• Event Collectible #3: Solstice-In-Glass 3-D paper weight

Questions answered!

1. Is GM concerned about reports of clunking and any possible problems it may cause?
ANSWER: GM is paying attention to the clunking. Their tests show that this is something that is happening to some cars with LSD, but that other than a disconcerting noise, there are no long-term wear or performance issues associated with it. Nonetheless, they are investigating a way to stop the noise because of the fact that it is bothering customers.

2. Is GM considering providing a way for customers to track their own VOM through the production process?
ANSWER: Yes. (sorry, that's the most elaborative answer I could get!)

3. Will existing Solstice owners be notified regarding fixes to window seals and roof leaks?
ANSWER: If your either of these problems, GM will make it right. There are many Solstices out there that don't have these problems, so both problems can be fixed, if done correctly.

Folks, I have to say that the Pontiac Team, as well as Lori Queen and her husband Jim, are amazingly accessible people to talk to and get to know. They LOVE this car as much as we do! And they DO put a lot of stock in our Forum - some look at it daily, others weekly. To be honest, they disregard the small, whining-related type stuff, and concentrate on the well-thought out questions and criticisms. But it's nice to meet a bunch of people who love what they do, love the product that they make, and especially love it when they find out we get what they have done!

More tomorrow!

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Would you ask if they plan to allow ENCS to sell the Sol (or Sky) to Armed Forces Members overseas? (ie Iraq, UK, South Korea, Europe, Japan, ect)

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
Would you ask if they plan to allow ENCS to sell the Sol (or Sky) to Armed Forces Members overseas? (ie Iraq, UK, South Korea, Europe, Japan, ect)
With delivery to stateside dealers? Especially important for deployed service members.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I'd like to ask the following:

What issues brought up in the forum did they learn from our posting and not there tests?

Have they thought about asking Troy to post any polls asking for our feedback on future Solstice production? (i.e. colors, options,improvements)

Do they appreciate and or react to anything they've read on the forum? (examples?)

Are any of them ready to admit aliases on the forum?

Boxers or Briefs? (N/A for Lori)

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood? Just wondering :lol:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts