Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does VOM stand for?

When were the first 4 month allocation numbers released to dealers?

What is a zero zipper?

Dealer World/GM In Servers/GM Portal....are they one in the same...and are they accessible from any dealership by the sales manager?

When the dealer states he has "ordered your car" what should he be able to show you.....other than a code number like JPHM99??? Can I get a printout?

Inquiring minds want to know!

thanks...fellow solstice owners!!!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I'll take a crack....

PAO said:
What does VOM stand for?
Vehicle Order Management (system)

April

What is a zero zipper?
On 4/15 during the Apprentice ordering the system locked up on people with leading zero in their zip code. These people received an extra car to their dealer's allocation built right after the first1000

Dealer World/GM In Servers/GM Portal....are they one in the same...and are they accessible from any dealership by the sales manager?

When the dealer states he has "ordered your car" what should he be able to show you.....other than a code number like JPHM99??? Can I get a printout?
Yes, he should be able to give to a print out. Having an order in the system does not mean it's been "picked up" by GM. That could take time depending on where you are in their priority of orders.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and am I correct that the first 4 month allocation does not include the EOP cars?

·
5,641 Posts
PAO said:
What does VOM stand for?

What is a zero zipper?

Vehicle Order Management System or VOMS.

Early April on the 7th, before the Apprentice.

During the EOP program's rush, a microsoft excel issue kept dealer from completing entirely or timely registrations for buyers with zip codes that start with zero. Recognizing this issue, Pontic awarded enrolled dealers effected by it a car to be built right after the 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstices. We have taken to calling them Zero Zippers here on site.

GM Dealerworld is a web portal for dealer business and infomation. In addition each dealership has a GM sever on the Satellite system for deicated applications such as AutoBook and VOMS.

Yes, a VOMS order infomation page can be printed out in two levels of detail.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
PAO said:
and am I correct that the first 4 month allocation does not include the EOP cars?
Yes, first1000 were outside the 1st four month allocation.

·
5,641 Posts
mceb said:
Yes, first1000 were outside the 1st four month allocation.

The 1000 Frist 1000, Free Maintenace (registrations started while 1000 First 1000s were available but kick out with out registration numbers. Another make up calss from Pontiac/GM), and Zero Zippers, are all outside the 4 month regular allocation

1 - 6 of 6 Posts