Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just joined the site after about 8 hours of constant reading, yet i still have one question (which i feel is an easy one to answer, and may sound fairly stupid haha)
But through my rummaging in the engine mod area, and going through a bunch of turbo threads, i still cant find whether or not its possible to get a Hahn stage2/3 turbo on an Automatic? I know that for daily drivers, a stage 2 would be no problem and that not many major mods are required to make it happen, but is it possible for an automatic?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Don't see why it wouldn't be possible. Mine was Supercharged thru DDM works, it is an automatic. Mine is a stage II , I see now they are doing stage III automatics.

By the way ever had issues with clutch packs on your rear end , if it is posi-traction it is a common issue for many 2006 models. You get a grinding or binding type noise at low speeds making turns.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmmm...
sounds exciting haha, now i just have to save enough to get my hand on a Solstice :/
As of now im working with my dad on my 1966 Mustang so once that's finished (hopefully within the next 2-3 months) i think i'll start looking at Solstice's in my area :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh and sorry i forgot to include this, but if a Hahn Stage IV turbo was applied to an automatic, what other mods would have to be applied besides stronger valve springs, fuel injectors, new radiator, and an exhaust?
Wouldnt there have to be some kind of transmission modding to handle it?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Not sure anything is required on the automatic, DDM suggests it can handle the horsepower on their stage III no problem. I still have the stock cat on mine but changed out the rest of the exhaust. Being that your talking a stage IV then best to ask Hahn, I see they mention a few things that have to be upgraded.

Hahn Racecraft - Automotive Turbosystems

1 - 6 of 6 Posts