Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Questions on allocations

5K views 59 replies 17 participants last post by  Editguy 
#1 ·
I found that after almost 2 months my order event code is only 1100. This tells me that dealer placed me in the system as sold order but doesn't have allocation for my sale. Does this mean I have no shot at all of getting "picked up" or preferenced any time soon. I don't know where I am in line as my dealer only will tell me "February or March". This is beginning to sound optimistic at best. Although I put $1k down, the order wasn't listed until 1 month later. Did Dealer "hold me back" before entering order. Anyone in the know can maybe help. I've searched the threads but don't quite get the whole allocation process. Can it change if a dealer has a truckload of "sold orders"?

#2 ·
deepsol06 said:
I found that after almost 2 months my order event code is only 1100. This tells me that dealer placed me in the system as sold order but doesn't have allocation for my sale. Does this mean I have no shot at all of getting "picked up" or preferenced any time soon. I don't know where I am in line as my dealer only will tell me "February or March". This is beginning to sound optimistic at best. Although I put $1k down, the order wasn't listed until 1 month later. Did Dealer "hold me back" before entering order. Anyone in the know can maybe help. I've searched the threads but don't quite get the whole allocation process. Can it change if a dealer has a truckload of "sold orders"?

Pontiac has not finished with the original Estimated First Four Month Allocations. There are still allocations this month.

You do have a feel for the system, in that you realize the two important numbers are allocation amount and number of orders. And without knowing where you stand in your dealership's line, you are in the dark. Even if you knew their allocation quantity.

The best you could hope for is ask them to check their weekly allocation forcast report and to tell you where you are in their priority listing.

The only thing that can change with a dealership that has a "truckload of "sold orders"", is the waiting time. It will not earn them additional alloaction from Pontiac.

You are going to just have to depend on them to share the needed infomation with you.

Bonzo Audit Scorecard :)
Defend Dealership: No Critical Dealership: No
Defend GM: No Critical GM: No
Provide Infomation: No
Answer Question: Yes
General Conversation: No

#3 ·
I'm in Palm Beach County also. What dealer and when did you place order? I ordered from Schumacher on 6-11, also being told I'm "1100."

#4 ·
SD, I finally gave up and cancelled my order today, after being told by the Pontiac customer service line that "my order has not been accepted", despite having been placed as a sold order by my dealer on May 14. A small, rural dealership that had one other Sol ordered, produced and due to be delivered shortly. I'm thinking now I should have given up on this dealer a while back when they were repeatedly unable to give me any info and I had to rely on Cricket for a status report. What a mess.

#5 ·
EHLPA said:
I'm in Palm Beach County also. What dealer and when did you place order? I ordered from Schumacher on 6-11, also being told I'm "1100."
Yep, Schumacher on PB Lakes Blvd is the dealer and I ordered (put 1k down on 8/17/05 but it wasn't even at 1100 until 9/17/05 which is the listed order date. HMMM, wonder why 1 month before order was accepted??Maybe holding back orders for some reason???????? I feel for you being on the clock since June.....
As a side note, I visited another local dealer who has 5-6 ordered and at 3000 or higher and a Deep on display. He offered me a car (a cancelled order that will be at dealer inside of one month) but wanted a big premium. I was tempted but can't yet bring myself to pay that kind of premium. I had to pry price from him as he is a forum member and was afraid I'd give him a bad rap and place him on the boycott dealer list on here if he told me what he was asking. I'm not cool with jacking up the price but I gave my word I would not trash him on the forum since he was nice enough to give me loads more info than my own guy. So, I won't publish the dealer or the price. Call me old fashioned, but my word means something. Also, I figure that market forces set the going price and he can ask what he wants (though Pontiac has asked dealers not to over-price beyond MSRP) - I'm just not ready to pay that price and hopefully others will follow my lead and not buy from those guys when they encounter them.

He said our orders are outside the dealers allocation numbers and are simply listed (input) as "sold orders" but not part of his allocation. That is the only explanation for remaining at 1100 for so long. We may not even get picked up at all, but definitely not in this allocation cycle. Schumaker originally told me January, then it became Feb or March for DELIVERY but the info I got tells me that is "optimistic at best". I am currently searching for another dealer to move my order to that may have better allocation/ order numbers even if it means flying to get the car and driving it/ shipping it home. I am going to give our dealer a chance to tell me my place in line and his allocation numbers so I can have a better view of where I'm at. If it is reasonable to expect that I will get a car and I get treated well, I'll stay. If I stay with Schumacher for 6 or more months though, I am expecting some consideration ($$$$, or in-kind) for keeping my grand tied up for so long!!!!!!!!

Keep in touch as I'm in Lantana and would love to see your car when we finally get that beautiful call "It's here". Any thoughts on a PB County Sol Club?

#6 · (Edited)
deepsol06 said:
Yep, Schumacher on PB Lakes Blvd is the dealer and I ordered (put 1k down on 8/17/05 but it wasn't even at 1100 until 9/17/05 which is the listed order date. HMMM, wonder why 1 month before order was accepted??Maybe holding back orders for some reason???????? I feel for you being on the clock since June.....
As a side note, I visited another local dealer who has 5-6 ordered and at 3000 or higher and a Deep on display. He offered me a car (a cancelled order that will be at dealer inside of one month) but wanted a big premium. I was tempted but can't yet bring myself to pay that kind of premium. I had to pry price from him as he is a forum member and was afraid I'd give him a bad rap and place him on the boycott dealer list on here if he told me what he was asking. I'm not cool with jacking up the price but I gave my word I would not trash him on the forum since he was nice enough to give me loads more info than my own guy. So, I won't publish the dealer or the price. Call me old fashioned, but my word means something. Also, I figure that market forces set the going price and he can ask what he wants (though Pontiac has asked dealers not to over-price beyond MSRP) - I'm just not ready to pay that price and hopefully others will follow my lead and not buy from those guys when they encounter them.

He said our orders are outside the dealers allocation numbers and are simply listed (input) as "sold orders" but not part of his allocation. That is the only explanation for remaining at 1100 for so long. We may not even get picked up at all, but definitely not in this allocation cycle. Schumaker originally told me January, then it became Feb or March for DELIVERY but the info I got tells me that is "optimistic at best". I am currently searching for another dealer to move my order to that may have better allocation/ order numbers even if it means flying to get the car and driving it/ shipping it home. I am going to give our dealer a chance to tell me my place in line and his allocation numbers so I can have a better view of where I'm at. If it is reasonable to expect that I will get a car and I get treated well, I'll stay. If I stay with Schumacher for 6 or more months though, I am expecting some consideration ($$$$, or in-kind) for keeping my grand tied up for so long!!!!!!!!

Keep in touch as I'm in Lantana and would love to see your car when we finally get that beautiful call "It's here". Any thoughts on a PB County Sol Club?
If you want to see mine at Schumacher is there on display until October 30th.
Is the other dealer you mentioned also a Honda dealer and is it located south of WPB, and before Boca Raton, since the dealer in North Palm Beach is also part of Schumacher.
By the way the majority of the members in this forum have waited 6 months and more, in my case although the actual order was April 15th, I put my order in January 2005.

#7 ·
I was at that other dealer today. I was "wait listed" back in June, but told today that if I wanted to pay over MSRP, they would have 4 cars in mid/late November. Willing to take deposit today-whether I was on wait list or not. What's the point of the wait list if you can walk in today and contract to purchase car to be delivered in November? I was told they did take orders on 5-6 cars. Their first delivery, #424, was there waiting for pickup from lucky owner.
Congrats on getting yours!
Is there anyone at Schumacher that you found particularly helpful in keeping you up to date on delivery? Do you think they were always straight with you?

#8 · (Edited)
Tim the general Sales manager is pretty helpful, but you have to contact him or go in person with your VOM # so he can look it up for you. Were you part of Schumacher 1st allocation? if not you know base on this forum it will not be until next year for you, the other idea would be to call dealers in Florida and other states and see if you can get one at MSRP and then asked them for a dealer courtesy delivery to Schumacher, just a thought.

#10 ·
That is great, maybe will run into one another sometime on the road.
Just woundering did you contacted the one in North Palm Beach or the one in Ocheechobee Blvd?.
In March the only person that new anything was Tim the GM(in WPB), and that was because I went to him and gave him all the info that I had at the time from the Forum.

#11 ·
homeport said:
SD, I finally gave up and cancelled my order today, after being told by the Pontiac customer service line that "my order has not been accepted", despite having been placed as a sold order by my dealer on May 14. A small, rural dealership that had one other Sol ordered, produced and due to be delivered shortly. I'm thinking now I should have given up on this dealer a while back when they were repeatedly unable to give me any info and I had to rely on Cricket for a status report. What a mess.
Being a small rural dealer he may have only had one allocation in the first four months, or it could be a result of "turn and earn" where the big dealers are getting just about all of their allocations before the smaller ones get any.

#12 ·
Small Dealer said:
Pontiac has not finished with the original Estimated First Four Month Allocations. There are still allocations this month.

hey SD.....with me being part of the first allocation and sitting at 3000 for 2 months now
does that mean I'm going to be handled before Thanksgiving ???

#13 ·
druid-2 said:
Small Dealer said:
hey SD.....with me being part of the first allocation and sitting at 3000 for 2 months now
does that mean I'm going to be handled before Thanksgiving ???
Pontiac is saying that the second allocation period will cover production from December 2005 to March 2006.

So you should be built before Thanksgiving.

It also means that the remaining allocation orders shoudl be "picked up" by the end of the month.

#14 ·
may the gods of the forest bless you and yours

#15 ·
druid-2 said:
may the gods of the forest bless you and yours
So I got that going for me.......

#16 ·
upon receipt of my car I will sacrifice a white bull in your name !!!

#17 ·
I'm thinking that on receipt of my car I will send him twenty bucks. It's not much, but maybe like buying him a lunch to let him know that I appreciate the time he has invested here, the good information he has given, the patience he has shown and for helping me keep my head on straight during this learning process! Now I just have to figure out where to send it...

#18 ·
Small Dealer said:
Pontiac is saying that the second allocation period will cover production from December 2005 to March 2006.

So you should be built before Thanksgiving.

It also means that the remaining allocation orders shoudl be "picked up" by the end of the month.
So explain to me how my mid first allocation order isn't being built this year. Or is GM just pushing the Canadians out of sequence because we are all tuning up our snowmobiles?

This pisses me off and at this point I shouldn't even care anymore.:brentil:

My order is going, going, ....almost gone. :leaving:

#19 ·
Fortyninenorth said:
So explain to me how my mid first allocation order isn't being built this year. Or is GM just pushing the Canadians out of sequence because we are all tuning up our snowmobiles?

This pisses me off and at this point I shouldn't even care anymore.:brentil:

My order is going, going, ....almost gone. :leaving:
Unfortunatly Canada and Mexico are not the primary markets, so apparently they're modifying allocation allotments for those regions to permit for more cars elsewhere. If it comes down to it GM might actually end up altering USA allocations too if need be.

#20 ·
LatinVenom said:
If you want to see mine at Schumacher is there on display until October 30th.
Is the other dealer you mentioned also a Honda dealer and is it located south of WPB, and before Boca Raton, since the dealer in North Palm Beach is also part of Schumacher.
By the way the majority of the members in this forum have waited 6 months and more, in my case although the actual order was April 15th, I put my order in January 2005.
I just visited your baby at Schumachers. The aggressive (red) is awesome! I would definitely take a red one if I didn't get a Deep. Congrats on your #600. Sweeeeeeeet ride! I hope they gave you a lot to let them keep it for a month....I couldn't do it, I'd have to have it now! Patience is not my strong point.....but I'm learning.......I have no choice. I asked salesman to check with Tim and get my priority number vs. allocation so I know kinda where I stand. Should get a call tomorrow. Hoping allocation has increased as I have heard has happened in N FLA. MAYBE at 2500 or better but doubt it. Holding at 1100 more like it.

#600 is in FLA. :cool: Congrats man! SOL Club in PB County? EHLPA, DEEPSOL06 and LATINVENOM sounds like a start to me? :yesnod:

#21 ·
There is another member in Jupiter that is getting one from the Stuart dealer. There are going to be a few Solstice come the end of the year, and probably a few more by the summer, so yes we could have are own Club.

#22 ·
Schumacher Pontiac isn't to be trusted.

I too placed an order with Schumacher, back in early May. I was told at the time -- in no uncertain terms -- that my order was a first allocation order. I had been reading this site long enough to ask that question, and I was assured it was. I was even told an August delivery. I placed my order and gave my deposit. Not until I began asking tough questions -- what number in their allocation, etc. -- did my dealer begin back-peddling. August became November, November became December or January. Every conversation with my dealer yielded yet a different story. It took cornering my dealer along with the sales manager in their offices one morning for them to admit that my order was NOT part of their first allocation. In fact, my order was something close to 27 or 28, when their initial allocation was only 12 cars. Clearly, this was a deliberate deception on the part of my dealer, taking my order and my deposit and assuming that by the time I realized what was going on, it would be impossible for me to find a Solstice anywhere else. What others are now facing at Schumacher.

On top of this, the price quoted to me included the Destination Fee of $575 charged twice. I only discovered this when I took my business elsewhere, placed the exact order, and was quoted a price $575 cheaper.

Schumacher Pontiac should be embarrassed.

#23 ·
newfan said:
I too placed an order with Schumacher, back in early May. I was told at the time -- in no uncertain terms -- that my order was a first allocation order. I had been reading this site long enough to ask that question, and I was assured it was. I was even told an August delivery. I placed my order and gave my deposit. Not until I began asking tough questions -- what number in their allocation, etc. -- did my dealer begin back-peddling. August became November, November became December or January. Every conversation with my dealer yielded yet a different story. It took cornering my dealer along with the sales manager in their offices one morning for them to admit that my order was NOT part of their first allocation. In fact, my order was something close to 27 or 28, when their initial allocation was only 12 cars. Clearly, this was a deliberate deception on the part of my dealer, taking my order and my deposit and assuming that by the time I realized what was going on, it would be impossible for me to find a Solstice anywhere else. What others are now facing at Schumacher.

On top of this, the price quoted to me included the Destination Fee of $575 charged twice. I only discovered this when I took my business elsewhere, placed the exact order, and was quoted a price $575 cheaper.

Schumacher Pontiac should be embarrassed.

I have asked the same question and am awaiting the answer. Was promised to know today where in line I am right now. We'll see. In the mean time, I'm placing deposit at another dealer this week. May the fastest dealer win!!!

Where did you end up placing your order. Are U satisfied at the "new" place?

#24 ·
It took a lot of searching at the time to find another dealer in FL with an initial allocation available. I finally found one in Jacksonville (this was back in May), Nimnicht Pontiac. So far I have been extremely happy with them. After the experience with Schumacher, I was pretty cynical so I insisted everything be put in writing, including allocation number and price. They agreed to everything. The only thing they couldn't guarantee was a delivery date, but that's understandable. Now it's just a waiting game. I don't really expect to get the car before late December.

Good luck finding another Solstice available at this stage. I'm sorry Schumacher has handled your business no more professionally than they did mine. If you do some searching in the forum archives, you'll find my comments (or rants) from the time. There were actually a few of us who were unhappy with our experiences at Schumacher. At least LatinVenom appears to have had better luck with them.

#25 ·
By the way, it really shouldn't take them a day to tell you where you are in line. What they finally showed me was a computer print-out with every Solstice order, numbered. All your salesman has to do is pull up this form and he or she can tell you exactly where you are in line. My guess would be that this is simply more stalling on their part, in order to avoid telling you the bad news that you are further down on the list than they initially let on. But I hope for your sake that isn't the case.

#26 ·
Schumacher

I spoke with Tim today re: when could I reasonably expect delivery (I ordered June 11). I was told: 1) that I'm still at event code 1100, 2) that I'm probably in their 3rd allocation, 3) that I'm probably looking at March delivery, and 4) they are trying to convince the powers that be to increase their allocation, arguing that this is "convertible season" in Florida and GM should want Solstices on road here vs. in garages up north. Good luck with argument.At least he didn't sugarcoat it for me.
The good news is he said I could change color (and anything else) since order hasn't been picked up by GM, without losing my place in line. I'm thinking about it-seriously- as LatinVenom's aggressive sure looked nice when I saw it in the showroom today.
Maybe I should find another dealer where I could get into an earlier allocation. Any suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.