Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all :) How easy does the green look 'dirty'? I currently have a black PT that is impossible to keep looking good for more than 2 days. Is the green as hard as black to keep looking nice?

Also, I have an order in for a Sly, how late do I have to change my mind if I want to switch? Delay an order?
Oh one more question :) Any other GM cars share the envious color ?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
No black cars for me......

Green is much easier than black. I had a black 911 porsche that stayed dirty all the time. Had to clean it every other day. Will never purchase another black car. :yesnod:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Look at the Envoys

When I went to place my order, it was a sunny day and the cars on the lot had not been washed yet.

I don't know if all of the colors between the Solstice and the Envoy are the same, but at least the black and green were/are. I went outside and looked at the 2 Envoys and what I noticed is that on the black one, it was turning yellow because of the pollen. On the other side, the green Envoy was just a different shade of green and you couldn't really see the pollen from a distance.

I think the black looks great when it's clean, but it's so hard to keep it clean, I decided that the green was a much better choice.

A few months later, I saw one in person and am not disappointed. You can see the shade of green on the Envoy, but when it's on the Solstice, it looks SO MUCH better.

·
5,641 Posts
Tabletops said:
Also, I have an order in for a Sly, how late do I have to change my mind if I want to switch? Delay an order?
You can delay or change an order any time until the car is preferenced or as we call it here on site "picked up" by Pontiac during allocation. But different days in the dealer order cycle for each.

Delay an order by having the dealership substitute another order before 6 PM on Saturday of a dealer order cycle when they have received a Solstice allocation slot. Or before the start of a dealer order cycle, have the dealership place other orders above your on their priority lisitng.

Change an order by 6 PM on Tuesday, the last day of the dealer order cycle, when they have received a Solstice allocation slot.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for the help! I think I will mull it over for a few more days.

·
Registered
202 Posts
envious-dirt

my envious looks dirty after driving the back roads but looks pretty good just driving the main roads.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
This is the main reason I picked Cool, you can go a week with a siver car before you have to wash it :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts