Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got to thinking, if you got a few minutes to ask Bob a question about anything on the Kappa Platform, and get a straight-poop answer, what would your question be?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Details on a higher powered version of the Solstice... how the power will be made (bigger engine, turbo, supercharger, etc) when it will be available, and how much! :cool

·
Registered
56 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Details on a higher powered version of the Solstice... how the power will be made (bigger engine, turbo, supercharger, etc) when it will be available, and how much! :cool
All of the above and will there be a hard top as well?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I'd be interested in the long term strategy for the platform...other models planned things like that.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
"Hey Bob, could you join the Solstice forum and identify yourself, then post regularly and maybe offer a discount to all the faithful forum members?"

OK, how about just me then?

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Dear Maximum:

We here at solsticeforum.com are most curious about the status of the convertible top design. To date, no photos of the Solstice have been released with the top up, other than at the English test drive, and these were obviously very preliminary mockups.

Is the top design worked out yet? If so, would you consider letting us, the most dedicated Solstice fans on the internet, have the honor of being the first to publish photos of a top-up Solstice?

Thank you,

AztekzRpurty

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Bob, you still haven't replied to my letter. No problem, all of the options are still valid. Waiting on delivery.

Take care-Steve

S/F

·
Registered
533 Posts
I wouldn’t ask him a question, but I’d congratulate him for bringing the Solstice to production. I feel confident that it will turn out to be a milestone automobile.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
tcl said:
I wouldn’t ask him a question, but I’d congratulate him for bringing the Solstice to production. I feel confident that it will turn out to be a milestone automobile.
I can't believe it! You just imagined yourself "virtually" kissing Maximum Bob's A$$ :lol :lol :glol :smash :jester

OK, seriously. I think you're right.

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Where's The Beef.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
solsticeman said:
Perhaps you guys could form it in a direct question.
Ok:

Mr. Lutz, please answer the following questions for myself and all the other Solstice enthusiats at solsticeforum.com! We are dying to know!

Will there be a higher output engine available with more power than the standard 2.4L Ecotec?

If there will be a higher output engine available, will it be turbocharged? Supercharged? Or naturally aspirated?

How many cylinders will it have?

Will the high output version be available immediately when the Solstice is launched? If not, when will the higher output version of this car be available for purchase?

How much more will the high output version of the Solstice cost?

Will it be released before the fall of 2005 as indicated by previous GM statements? If it will not be released early, is it still on schedule for a fall 2005 release?

When will GM begin accepting orders from dealers for the Solstice?

When will more information be released on the Saturn Kappa based roadster?

Will Saturn version closely resemble the vauxhual VX Lightning concept shown at the 2004 Detroit Auto Show?

What engine options will be offered in the Saturn?

What will be the Saturns base price and price range?

Rumor has it that a third kappa based vehicle has possibly been approved. Who will get the third kappa based vehicle, and will it be a roadster?

Thanks in advance for bringing some life back to GM and getting the great people inside the halls of GM working on exciting vehicles once again!

LOL, is that enough direct questions? :lol I do not imagine Bob will be here answering them, but it would be nice! :thumbs

:lurk

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you never ask the questions,

you'll never get an answer.

This is a good exercise, because with 488 members and growing, the chances are one of us may have the opportunity to do such a thing. Maximum Bob is a human, just like all of us.

Except he flys a helicopter to work. And flys jets for fun. And owns over a hundred acres in Ann Arbor.

And makes more in three days than most of his engineers make in a year.

But, I digress. Point is, you may find yourself at an autoshow, or FieroClub, or corvette club get together, or something where Bob is a speaker. And they may have a Q&A session, and if you know what you want to ask then you're the first one with your hands up at a Q&A session.

All good questions, BTW.

Just remember, people at GM read these forums too.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I wasn't sure exactly where you were going with this... but you are right. It is a good idea to be ready to ask the questions just in case. Who knows when Maximum Bob will show up somewhere! I was kind of hoping you were looking for suggestions that you may be able to slip thru to Bob too! :cool

Ok, now for all those GM lurkers... go find Maximum Bob and start asking him our questions! :lol Or better yet, tell him to hop online and surf on over, we would love to have him on the forum!! :cheers

(PS, if GM wants to give away any Solstices like they gave away G6's, I'll be more than happy to write a letter why my tired old Fiero is on its last legs!) :jester

·
Registered
281 Posts
Fformula88 said:
I wasn't sure exactly where you were going with this... but you are right. It is a good idea to be ready to ask the questions just in case. Who knows when Maximum Bob will show up somewhere! I was kind of hoping you were looking for suggestions that you may be able to slip thru to Bob too! :cool

Ok, now for all those GM lurkers... go find Maximum Bob and start asking him our questions! :lol Or better yet, tell him to hop online and surf on over, we would love to have him on the forum!! :cheers

(PS, if GM wants to give away any Solstices like they gave away G6's, I'll be more than happy to write a letter why my tired old Fiero is on its last legs!) :jester
they should give one to me! ive interested many people in the ole GP after a ride. even though the solstice will have less stock HP, its RWD and weight should make it easier to get into the 12s than my GP was. ibet a could sell a bunch of solstices! :D hell screw the free car, just give me some factory support!

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
FFormula88,

I was also starting this for the lurkers who are reading this and might actually have the ability to slip a question to M.Bob...

A few of mine,

1) How long does it take to drop the top? How long does it take to raise the top? Do you think this is competitive (consider the Miata drops in about 6-12 seconds, at a stoplight, without requiring egress and re-entrance of the car)? If it is not competitive, what are the features that make it so?

2) Are you planning to ship this car to Europe? If so, where? If not, what would stop you from doing so?

3) What exactly are the limitations or hurdles preventing the development of a 2+2 coupe, or a better-styled Nomad version of the Kappa, or do you already have one in the wings ready to be produced?

4) Are you going to offer an easy-to-use removable and stowable hardtop? If not, what makes you think this is not desireable, and why would you allow aftermarket companies to make and profit from them when GM has a potential OEM profitability item on the table?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Its a good idea SM, hopefully those lurkers to slip a question or two (or 25!) to Bob, and then he slips a few answers back to us! :smile

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
In addition to all the already stated questions about the Solstice I would add,

What other variations are in the works for the Kappa? Is there to be a Solstice coupe? Will the Nomad be a reality ( I hope)? Maybe a 2+2? Do you plan to support Kappa racing programs and will Pontiac supply racing mods from the dealer?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Is Pontiac planning on pimping the Solstice as heavily as the GTO for drift racing? If so will those parts involved be made available to consumers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts