Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time user of the forum ... wondering if anyone out there didn't like the Solstice and decided not to buy. It is my understanding if you were buying to be one of the first 1,000 there was a backout option.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
brentil said:
You can back out from any car purchase. EOP or normal allocation, you don't have to buy it.
The difference is that the EOP rules stated that the deposit should be refundable for the First 1000's. For regular allocation cars, many dealers have a standard non-refundable deposit clause in their sales contracts. At my dealer, the non-refundable clause was embedded somewhere in all the pre-printed small print on the sales contract form. I had to specifically request that my dealer add the wording "deposit is refundable" to my sales contract.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
dengel said:
The difference is that the EOP rules stated that the deposit should be refundable for the First 1000's. For regular allocation cars, many dealers have a standard non-refundable deposit clause in their sales contracts. At my dealer, the non-refundable clause was embedded somewhere in all the pre-printed small print on the sales contract form. I had to specifically request that my dealer add the wording "deposit is refundable" to my sales contract.
Just the opposite around me. The couple of dealers I have talked to are begging people to order a Solstice for a minimal $100 deposit which they will gladly refund if the buyer decides to back out! It is the best way for them to get a car on their lot at this point, since it will be a long time before GM builds cars for dealer stock. Since they are confident they can easily sell them, they have no problem in refunding your deposit right now! :)

It all really depends on the dealer and their policies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts