Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did not talk to the owners of 0001, but was just wondering if anyone did and if they were planning to keep the car or were they going to sell it. I did see Bob Lutz and Lori Queen both sign the inside of the hood on the left side. That was a very nice add to the first car. I would jump at the chance to have them sign mine, really the wife's. Maybe we could have a one year party with them at it. Again just wondering what the new owners of 0001 plan for their car.

·
Registered
251 Posts
From what I gathered, they plan on keeping it...but they were sure getting a lot of attention...ya never know somebody may have made them an offer they can't refuse!!

·
Registered
515 Posts
SlySol said:
Also, if anybody talked to the #1 owners, have they checked out the forum? Are they members here?
No they're not, but several of us mentioned the site to them and it sounded like they were going to check in.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I'm making an offer on 0001!

I would give the owners of 0001 $35,000. You can write that in stone! If they want$35,000 today, I can do it! Pass the word that a forum member will do it immediately! Worth more?.....Yeah, but that's what I'll pay today! :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
The First VIN owners are great people. They just started looking at the Forum this week. They told me that they plan to keep the car and not drive it except on sunny days. Value numbers started floating around - and got higher after Bob Lutz and Lori Queen signed under the hood. They are posted in the gallery. $35K won't be enough - I believe that someone basically said "they just hit the lottery."

·
Registered
528 Posts
The talk around the tables afterwards believe the car has a street value over $100k. This based on what VIN 002 of the SSR went for, $115K. They did hit the lottery and that ticket could mature with age!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I'm pretty sure that somebody said a few weeks ago that somebody had already thrown out an open offer of $100,000 for VIN #1, even before we knew anything about who was getting it. Anybody know more about the offer or if it was legit?

Heck, I would probably throw down an offer of $50k for that car in a heartbeat if I thought there was a chance in hell it would be accepted, just because I know I could turn around and sell it for a lot more than that.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
All this talk of how much the car is worth is crazy. :crazy: You're gonna scare them away. It's just a car. I hope it get nicks and scratches like everyone elses. That's the life of a car. I'd hate to think the car became a museum piece.

Didn't anyone see Toy Story 2? :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
As a long time car collector friend once told me, 'It's wrong to get a beautiful car and never drive it. It's like getting a beautiful diamond and then getting a copy so that the original goes in the safe. These things, (his cars), were meant to be driven and enjoyed.'
I just hope people don't stalk them trying to purchase it from them.
As a side note, imagine insuring the replacement value for that thing? Or the worry taking it out on the street?

·
Registered
528 Posts
If the owner does anything other than park it and put a cover on it then it starts to lose in value. Lock the baby up! Sit on it for 3-6 months and take it to Jackson Barrett auction.

·
Registered
108 Posts
TerpFan said:
If the owner does anything other than park it and put a cover on it then it starts to lose in value. Lock the baby up! Sit on it for 3-6 months and take it to Jackson Barrett auction.
I would think it would be worth less in 6 months. Maximum value to be had would of course be in the distant future but if they're going to sell in the next year wouldn't it make the most sense to do it while everyone's talking about #1.

·
2,574 Posts
SlySol said:
Also, if anybody talked to the #1 owners, have they checked out the forum? Are they members here?

Yup they just joined. His name is Clark and he's "vinny #000001"
check forum "new member (vin no 1)"

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
It's sad really. He's going to have to park this and buy another one. It's a great investment and he can't risk it getting in an accident. He's smarter to just park it and cover it and let the price rise.

I just feel bad for him because if he's like any of us he's been waiting for his car for so long and now he can't really enjoy it!!

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
SlipSlider said:
It's sad really. He's going to have to park this and buy another one. It's a great investment and he can't risk it getting in an accident. He's smarter to just park it and cover it and let the price rise.

I just feel bad for him because if he's like any of us he's been waiting for his car for so long and now he can't really enjoy it!!
He could run this car off a cliff and some idiot would still give him $100,000 for it!

·
4,592 Posts
stang said:
He could run this car off a cliff and some idiot would still give him $100,000 for it!
Good one! ROFL! :lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts