Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace the radio, in my 07 Solstice, with one with blue tooth.
Anyone know how to get the radio out.

·
Premium Member
17,548 Posts
The simple answer is . .. yes

There are several threads on disassembly and removal of the radio. In my thread on Punisher I have pictures and show the disassembly of the entire interior of the car. There are other threads that describe in detail multiple radio upgrades and mods.
They are mostly from the 07-08 years but still accessible.

:grouphug:

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f61/dove-into-dashboard-pics-info-inside-8005/

·
Registered
7,517 Posts

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
lol - I think the real question should be "Can someone show me the eloquent way to get the radio out"? 'Cause I'm sure we could all do it with a crow bar and a hammer. :lol:

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Tomato Soup. Looks like more than I want to tackle. I live in IL. and they require hands free cell phone. I wanted to put in a blue tooth radio in but as I said, more than i want to take on.

·
Premium Member
17,548 Posts
Thanks Tomato Soup. Looks like more than I want to tackle. I live in IL. and they require hands free cell phone. I wanted to put in a blue tooth radio in but as I said, more than i want to take on.
So I give you the answer TEN minutes before TS and you give him credit?!

Ok, that's it. You are OFF my Christmas list.

:willy::leaving:

·
Registered
756 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
The simple answer is . .. yes

There are several threads on disassembly and removal of the radio. In my thread on Punisher I have pictures and show the disassembly of the entire interior of the car. There are other threads that describe in detail multiple radio upgrades and mods.
They are mostly from the 07-08 years but still accessible.

:grouphug:

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f61/dove-into-dashboard-pics-info-inside-8005/
Wow, Rob! You dug DEEP for that one. I think I may have been the first (at LEAST one of...) to tear into a Solstice and put pics up on this board.

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
You can add Bluetooth without replacing the radio. In a solstice, the Bluetooth functionality rests within the OnStar module. Not the radio.

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
So I give you the answer TEN minutes before TS and you give him credit?!

Ok, that's it. You are OFF my Christmas list.

:willy::leaving:
Mine was a much better and more complete response. Anyway I was first to reply... I just forgot to press 'send'

·
Premium Member
17,548 Posts
Wow, Rob! You dug DEEP for that one. I think I may have been the first (at LEAST one of...) to tear into a Solstice and put pics up on this board.
Yes. In fact, I used YOUR thread as a guide when I did my work. Just wanted to give you credit. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
17,548 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,548 Posts

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
It was only available from the factory for the 2009 model year but a quality search engine will show you that previous years cars that also have it post delivery.

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
OnStar VCIM (controller) behind the waterfall just below the rear storage cubby.

Don't even bother though. The correct VCIMs are unobtainium now.

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Since when did tomato soup become such a can't do type of guy?

I see 9 pieces of unobtainium online just at the first site I went to look.

I don't like to provide detail on this , redone, because the OnStar box is potentially a safety device and that is something that an owner needs to deal with on his own. But like I said a quality search engine will give you the info you need.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey! didn't mean to slight anyone. All of you have been very helpful.
I think the Belkin may be the way for me.
thanks

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
Since when did tomato soup become such a can't do type of guy?

I see 9 pieces of unobtainium online just at the first site I went to look.
I WAS being serious. I had not found the correct VCIM that actually allows OnStar to fully work in a Kappa, for many years (since the factory stock was all sold by SourceOne). Dealerships aren't allowed to sell new ones except in crash/failure replacement situations.

What sites and are you SURE they are the exact right model number?

Now there ARE some available that allow Bluetooth to work at the expense of OnStar (I have one myself). But I was not assuming the OP would want that.

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Oh man. I don't know what to comment on first. The point that mr I can do a mod from an $80,000 car for $20 doesn't think something is possible, or that he's questioning my knowledge in front of the community. Me! Jeffgtx. A moderator.

Anyhoo... Yes I'm sure it's probably hard to find new. But new is not required in this instance. And there are lots of cars that have a box very similar that I know will also work.

If you'll excuse me I have to go explain to the children of the world that if mr resourceful TS has given up so easily, what hope can there be for the rest of us?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts