Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if you can still get the racing stripes that came standard on the Pontiac solstice looking for the ones that are narrow and then spread out and kind of fade.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
no stripes were standard. There were special gray stripes, and special black stripes, but nothing that I know of OEM that faded.

·
Super Moderator
7,301 Posts
Does anybody know if you can still get the racing stripes that came standard on the Pontiac solstice looking for the ones that are narrow and then spread out and kind of fade.
Fade-out stripes sound aftermarket. Do you have a picture of what you are looking for?

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
Sirwm's first picture are the one's I believe the OP's looking for. Not sure if you can still get them (though I doubt it), but as others said, these were not standard. They were an option (probably dealer option)

The only "standard" stripes were on the Street Edition models - which IIRC looked like Sirwm's second photo.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The first picture looks like the factory T2 stripes.
I like this type that fade out as opposed to solid stripes.

·
Administrator
9,247 Posts
Those stripes came on the SSB special edition GXP.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Good luck...if you find anybody, let me know where, who and how much. I had a guy but he wanted $400 for solid ones...and $750 for faded. And that was just handing me the stripes and a pat on the back with a "go get'em tiger".... Too much for my blood...I'll find someone cheaper.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
not really what you are looking for but i got mine here, https://www.autotrimdesign.net/Pontiac_Solstice_Rally_Stripe_Graphic_Kit_1.asp and installed them myself. they might be able to do something custom for you. i liked that they sent me out some color samples, since i ended up going with something different than my original pick. the install was nerve wracking but in the end everything went well and i'm real happy with the results.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I used to create and install graphics for cars, among a few of my careers. That dot fader matrix stripe material looks like standard, custom-cut vinyl. I think the Solstice is one of the most perfectly stylish cars out there. I have yet to see any cosmetic modifications that would enhance the car. Most mods just taint it, IMO. I have a Ming blue 2006 base model, black top and cloth interior. Love it!

·
Registered
372 Posts
I think the Solstice is one of the most perfectly stylish cars out there. I have yet to see any cosmetic modifications that would enhance the car. Most mods just taint it, IMO. I have a Ming blue 2006 base model, black top and cloth interior. Love it!
I agree 99.9999999999% It's perfect in the styling department.

Except...................I do have a recessed grill on my GXP which was the only part of the body that was missing something to me.

The recessed grill makes the front end look like it's supposed to.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
I agree 99.9999999999% It's perfect in the styling department.

Except...................I do have a recessed grill on my GXP which was the only part of the body that was missing something to me.

The recessed grill makes the front end look like it's supposed to.
agree 100%. made my own from the existing grille.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Yeah, but those recessed grilles result in lowered top speed, you know.....more show, less go!

·
Premium Member
3,047 Posts
Yeah, but those recessed grilles result in lowered top speed, you know.....more show, less go!
I tried my top speed a few times, And do remember one time it was lower because of the wind, but that lower speed did not make it any less fun.

·
Registered
609 Posts
if the recessed grills make it look like it is supposed to....why are they not ressessed from pontiac? did somebody on the line put them on rong? Ive seen some stripes that look good on the car they were on. but not all cars(colors) do well with stripes. for me the issue with strioes is 1 getting the right ones on the car,2 getting them on right,3 how long they will last& ;ook good and 4 whats gonna happen when they are removed in need be......quick story from my NHRA racing days.. we had a don ness prostocker (gordie reverias cutlass minus engine& trans ,the car had about 26 runs on the car, he didnt have enough power and other issues to make the fields... well we got it to run in top sportsman( unlimited power) we also ran some promod, experamemtail"baby promod engine" 632 ci 3 or 4 stages of bottle. lenco trans. it was a awesome car once I got it ironed out.but had to limit the top end to 212 mph due to the 210 max without a floater rearend, it was a titanium housing and too expensive to convert to floter and no real need to. well the car had stripes on it.... down the hood across the roof and down the deck lid.... after a while we noticed the stripes on the roof were not straight.... witch makes it hard to get the car straight on the line when you can help but see the stripes and telling the monkey behind the wheel when he is straight..... I wonder if thats why or part of the reason gordie didnt make the fields....this car was paint, not stickers. I miss that car oh so much.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm guessing that no one knows where to get the T2 stripes (as pictured on the yellow sol)? I am trying to find the same ones (silver/gray). Anyone?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts