Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To me the Solstice is a very nice looking car, but the hood is so wide.......
that I think it needs stripes and or a small hood scoop.

I've had several different stripes on mine, and feel like I've found a nice look
but they never showed it here when I tried to post it the last time.

Anyway the look I came up with is much like David Pearsons stripes on his white Pontiac around 1961.

That is....... two thin stripes about 8 inches apart. Down the center of the hood.

I may try again to post it someday. Right now the car is white with thin blue
stripes.......but I may reverse that.;)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep.........very nice...... but for me........I want mine to look retro........

like a 1960 roadster "race car" or rally car.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I think the stripes make it look more aggressive.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Stripes come in many flavors.

My car and my wife's car have identical stripes. Hers are made "subtle" mine are not.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,187 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I bought a couple cans of "PLASTIDIP" amd did it myself.

·
Registered
7,226 Posts

This is the style that's on our red coupe. First had to email Sharpline.com and ask to purchase their silver metallic in a 14 inch X 14 foot roll, then provide it to my local graphic shop along with the OEM stripe jpeg file that Solstice Forum member Solnut :thumbs: provide to me, and the graphic shop replicated and cut out the OEM design into the vinyl. I also had graphic shop extend the rear portion of the stripe a few inches so it goes up and over the coupes molded in spoiler and stops just above the 3rd brake light. That way just a hint of it can be seen from the rear (Haven't currently downloaded any pics), similar to this: Painted stripes on Unrestricted Motorsports spoiler - Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Currently thinking of replicating a candy or red metallic OEM style stripe for the vert. Alsa Corp | The World's Most Exotic Paints and Finishes has some killer looking vinyl applications/finishes.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Solstice is a Pontiac so it's wide hood should be celebrated!

Has anyone ever done an updated, swoopy, side stripe like on the GTO Judge?

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
WOW, thanks for that. I never saw that Cardomain page before or the bill boards that they made of her. I shipped those parts to them some time ago. Would be nice to get that magazine with that spread, article. Thanks again Norm.

Hate to say it Norm, but I'm pretty sure those billboards and paintings were photo-shopped. The magazine articles look legit though.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Here are the stripes I put on my modified GXP about 5 years ago.

I modeled them after the stripes on my Lotus Europa in the early 70's.

Wish I still had the Lotus to compliment the Solstice!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Ultimately what I intend to do is put some "ghost" stripes on mine, that are barely noticeable. As in these renderings from Forza 4 (xbox game). It's on my "to do" list... along with an LSx conversion... and getting the Lorinser wheels rendered in this pic... and, and... :lol:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I agree the hood looks wide, which is why I went with the stripe kit from ASAP Graphics in Vegas. My car is the white one they show on their main page. I still love the look and I still get 'thumbs ups' when I drive it.

Home - ASAPGraphics

1 - 20 of 20 Posts