Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have thought that the Solstice would be the perfect car to add racing stripes to since someone here or the other Solstice site posted a photoshop image adding stripes. The thought of using tape or some stick-on kit does not sit well with me. I will check on the price for a set of painted stripes with clearcoat after I get the car. My question is how to size the width of the stripes so that they don't look too big (wide) for the car? I know that even though the stripes on the Mustang and the Camaro look the same width from hood to tail they are not. I've attached some pictures of cars with racing stripes just for conversation. I think the Cobra stripes are the same width from front to back? Not sure though.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I want to have a large center stripe in black with a small stripe down each side of the larger one (in essence the Mustang stripes shown here, but just one set). The smaller stripes would be a different accent color too.

Also here's the thread with all the stripe images.
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=410

·
Registered
284 Posts
I like this style, only not in the creamsicle paint scheme. lol :lol
I'd like mine to have this style but in either a dark-metallic blue or a british racing green with the white stripes. I like the fact that the stripes follow the lines on the hood and etend through the back end over the "bumps" behind the headrests.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not much on the orange, but do like the stripes. :thumbs They may be a bit wide though? I like the taper on them. Can you do a silver with black stripes?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts