Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The amber radiator warning light kept going on and on occasion I would get the red coolant warning light so I took my car in to have the coolant fluid changed. Now both the radiator warning light and warning red coolant light keep going on more. Is there anything that can be done? Is there a switch or a way to reset the lights after a fluid change?

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
7,186 Posts
bring it back to the place that did the coolant change

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Could be your coolant sensor has a bad connection or is bad itself.

Did the shop that changed the coolant indicate it was low?

Did the shop that changed it know how to "burp" the coolant system?

·
Premium Member
5,326 Posts
this photo shows that there is too much coolant in the tank.

The correct coolant fill level is at the seam of the tank, which the yellow arrow points to...

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Vehicle Car

Reactions: showtime

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
The amber radiator warning light kept going on and on occasion I would get the red coolant warning light so I took my car in to have the coolant fluid changed. Now both the radiator warning light and warning red coolant light keep going on more. Is there anything that can be done? Is there a switch or a way to reset the lights after a fluid change?
What is the radiator warning light? AFAICT there are only these two related to coolant:

Font Parallel Rectangle Pattern Document

·
Registered
2007 Solstice GXP Mysterious
922 Posts
Those two exhibits bring up a question that hadn't occurred to me before. Do these cars not have the "limp home" mode? The coolant fans have gone out in the SRX three times, and I've always held up LHM as an example of superior GM engineering.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts