Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was gone for about a month and my son stated he thought the cooling fan was not shutting off. After getting home I realized he seems correct. As long as the car is running the cooling fan stays on, and it never remains on after the car is shut off.

Guidance?

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
When the car reaches a certain temp usually around 214 degrees the fan comes on and stays on until the temp drops to around 195 I'm using my car as an example the temps maybe different on other cars but should be in that ballpark . So if you're running around on a warm day and come home the fan will stay on till the car cools down sufficiently especially if it's left outside in the sun . If you run your air conditioner the fan will turn on automatically and stay on as long as the air conditioner is running .

·
Premium Member
17,529 Posts
As stated but if you have the defroster on, it also turns on the AC and fan

The AC should auto cycle off if I remember correctly but the defrost can stay on when you restart the car. Check to make sure it's off

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
2007 gxp with trifecta tune and solo cat,cooling fan comes on at 199 and will go as high as 212 in gear at idle or intraffic.
Dave and ivey said that is normal for this set up,fan stays running till engine turned off with no cool down.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
My fan comes on at 197, goes full power at 199, all because of my tune. If you cold start the car, without the HVAC set to off, the fan should not be on. If it is, then there is some sort of an issue. Either the fan controller is bad, or if you are tuned, the tune has been set to constantly run the fan.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts