Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going nucking futs over this! The buttons on my factory radio have not been working correctly for a while.

Last week before unhooking the battery for an extended amount of time I was having a problem with some of the buttons. "1" and "6" would not work while on the XM source, but would when on CD. Unhook the battery for a while last week to troubleshoot a misfire problem and they all start working again. Now today, 1, 6, power, band, aux/cd stopped working. The steering wheel controls work just fine.

Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yes. My top is rarely up. So the interior collects dust. I periodically use canned air to blow in around the buttons to loosen dust, and hold a shop vac nozzle over them to suck the dust out.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Today I took your suggestion about it maybe being a dust buildup problem and pressed the power button significantly harder than I would ever recommend. Wouldn't ya know it, the radio finally responded and turned off. Weirdest thing is ALL the buttons that previously didn't work, do again...for now.

Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Today I took your suggestion about it maybe being a dust buildup problem and pressed the power button significantly harder than I would ever recommend. Wouldn't ya know it, the radio finally responded and turned off. Weirdest thing is ALL the buttons that previously didn't work, do again...for now.

Thanks for the suggestion!
The 2 connectors between the faceplate circuit board and the radio motherboard are on the back and right behind that volume/power knob. It's likely that the connector(s) had worked apart/loose over time and that heavy push engaged them again.

Good tip for anyone else that has a flaky faceplate display or button problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That makes the most sense so far. Thanks for posting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts