Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
08 Solstice with stock 6 disc CD player. The display just quit everything else on the CD radio player works, just no display or clock. The dimmer light is turned up and the fuse in the passenger floor is ok any ideas or do I get a new CD player

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Did you try banging on it? (Sounds stupid, but just try it first - the faceplate has a plugin connector to the rest of the radio and they have been known to get dirty).

Otherwise, there should be a number of used radios available on eBay. If you replace the entire radio, you'll need to get the anti-lock memory reprogrammed at a dealer, but you can try swapping the faceplate first - it's pretty easy to do.

See some pics at: https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f61/migrated-my-old-solstice-radio-faceplate-my-new-sky-usb-radio-62652/

·
Registered
238 Posts
If you're looking for a new one I just replaced mine with an aftermarket. Mine is an 08 6 CD from my Monsoon system. And as I write this I just realized I forgot to take out my CD's before I swapped the headunits. Damn. PM me if you're interested.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts