Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Solstice GXP Turbo automatic - 44,600 miles.

I have a big issue...
The dealer put a new battery in 10/11/2016. I took it in to begin with because the check engine light was on. They fixed the exhaust solenoid and changed out the battery which was under warranty.
After doing so, I drove it out of the service dept and the radio did not work at all.
I raised a huge stink because the radio worked fine prior to taking it in.
They agreed to replace the radio. It was replaced 10/20/2016. Worked fine.

A week ago, I started the car and the radio did not work, and now the instrument panel - odometer, mileage, etc. is not lighting up.
I checked the fuse for the radio and instrument panel.
In aux power, the radio flickers, but does come on, but not instrument.
If I turn the engine on, no radio and still no instrument.

I DO NOT want to deal with the dealer morons...does anyone have a suggestion or troubleshooting for me???
Thanks!
I really was looking to sell the car, prior to this happening...now I am screwed...

You can respond to my email - [email protected] if its easier...

·
Administrator
9,718 Posts
This is a long shot, but easy and free: Check your underhood fuse block and body control module for a loose fuse or relay. Basically press each of them down to re-seat them. They will vibrate loose over time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sounds like an open circuit. You should see an auto electric shop.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
A common issue is electrical gremlins....caused by a loose ground wire. Check the ground wire at the left front top corner of the engine. But I know it's attached right to the block. It's attached to the block and losens up over time causing all sorts of weird unexplained electrical issues. This wire is notorious for coming lose. Here's some reading for you: http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f11/electrical-gremlin-help-90881/ IF that doesn't fix it, have the dealer check the battery again. It's possible you got a bad battery. From looking through the above mentioned link, have you had the ignition recall done? It appears that cluster issues and faulty ignitions also seem to go hand'n'hand.....just suggesting.... Please report back on whether any of this fixes your issue or if your still having problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts