·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
64 Posts
mrfantastic said:
I was wondering if anyone knew who the "manufacturer" of the solstice stereo headunits are? Ex. JVC, Pioneer, etc. As I can just add a tuner based on the standard stereo instead of replacing the entire headunit...
Or is this not doable? (XM is not the answer :leaving: )
Panasonic supplies the new GM radios. Even if it was supplied by one of the companies that has a Sirius Radio adaptor, I doubt it would work. These are designed and built to GM specs, so they bear little semblance to anything else that company makes, including the software and connections.

If you are going the satellite radio route, I would definately get a portable one that can be used in any car, home, boat, etc. I have an XM Roady that I hardwired into my car so you don't see any wires, but I can still unplug it and use it anywhere else for the same subscription price. Sirius also offers similar units.

·
Registered
275 Posts
NytLyt said:
Panasonic supplies the new GM radios.......so they bear little semblance to anything else that company makes...
while none of the clips or whatnot will be different, usually the quality and sound will be the same. i am not a big fan of panasonic, and this answered my question. thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts