Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see on the website, the available monsoon system, and some other audio options, but if you order it does it come with a radio??? or does it come with nothing at all?

i know it comes standard with no ac and no power anything, but no radio??? come on now, that cant be right

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone know???

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :)

Those are optional upgrade radios. The base Solstice does come with a CD Stereo as standard.

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fformula88 said:
Welcome to the forum! :)

Those are optional upgrade radios. The base Solstice does come with a CD Stereo as standard.
ok good, i dont want any upgraded stuff, i already got the perfect component system and amp to put in that thing, plus i didnt wan to pay more just for a radio...i mean come on.

I love this car so much, i cant wait, also one more quick question...but does it have a glass rear window? or is it plastic

·
Registered
269 Posts
CanSol

It definitly has a glass back window. No padded top, though.

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CanSol said:
It definitly has a glass back window. No padded top, though.
Thats ok, i just dont like plastic, if i wanted a quiet, practical car, i wouldnt be buying a solstice ;)

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
I can't recall but I believe you had to order a radio upgrade to get the Monsoon option to stick to the order....

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
package said:
I can't recall but I believe you had to order a radio upgrade to get the Monsoon option to stick to the order....
I dont want that monsoon crap, i had it in my SS, its not that good, besides i have Boston Acoustics Pro series components, and eD and Tru amps, so i got the audio covered. plus i think ill put an avic-n2 in it as well.

·
Registered
61 Posts
package said:
Yes you have to upgrade, but you can get either upgrade if you want the monsoon, but if you get the upgrade with the 6CD changer you have to get the monsoon. 007, are you going to put a sub in it?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
hehehe good luck 007 DC5 trying to get extra amps or subs in this car.

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
brentil said:
hehehe good luck 007 DC5 trying to get extra amps or subs in this car.
i dont know if you have ever heard Boston Acoustics Pro series speakers before, but they sound like you have a sub, and they should...they cost me $700.00.

Amps are no problem, if i put a sub, i will go with one of these, i heard one in my friends car and it sounded quite nice, plus its only 3 inches tall

Sub:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-9LHSlrtRgM0/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=51000&I=020SRV303

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I was being sarcastic for the most part. :D Because the trunk is so small and odd shaped it's going to be extremely tough to put tradition audio equipment in.

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
brentil said:
I was being sarcastic for the most poart. :D Because the trunk is so small and odd shaped it's going to be extremely tough to put tradition audio equipment in.
Thats cool, my motto is though...theres always a way...plus it kinda helps that i used to be a custom installer at CarToys :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts