Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice fleet! Might I suggest adding an H2 so you can at least play in the mud on rainy days?
The H3 is in the lane in front of the Camaro. We have had to drive it because of the rain. How freaky is it that you almost nailed it.

Forecast is for sun tomorrow. But rain late in the day...UGhhhh. Ordered a new pillar with dual pods from DDM , I hope it gets here so I have something to do next week while it RAINS.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Gassed mine up and took her for a spin around the neighborhood today. Good to get out of the garage... I'm sure she thought!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
The H3 is in the lane in front of the Camaro. We have had to drive it because of the rain. How freaky is it that you almost nailed it.

Forecast is for sun tomorrow. But rain late in the day...UGhhhh. Ordered a new pillar with dual pods from DDM , I hope it gets here so I have something to do next week while it RAINS.
Your Vette and Camaro biased me more towards H2 fleet compatibility. :lol:

We're an H3/Solstice family ourselves so it's in my DNA. Off-roading is actually my main thing, I taught it professionally in fact. I'm currently trying to hunt down an '08 or newer Alpha. When successful, it'll actually be my first v8 vehicle ownership experience.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Is that a lift or am I seeing things?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm currently trying to hunt down an '08 or newer Alpha. When successful, it'll actually be my first v8 vehicle ownership experience.
Mine is not an alpha. It's an 09 with the straight 5 from the Chevy Colorado. Bet you can guess the colour.

Is that a lift or am I seeing things?
If you look careful you will see the hummer usually sits up there in the summer if the weather is nice.
Right now there is still one more Pontiac G8 GT outside until I get it cleaned up on Monday.
That is IF IT DOESN'T R A I N!!!!!!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
RAIN ?..... We're trying to get rid of the dam snow up here first !! But we've had ours out a couple of times already:) Can't wait for the heat to come.

·
Registered
763 Posts
It got warm enough to do a little yard cleanup yesterday. A little before 5 PM, I rolled out Grandpa's Solstice and headed to a store a few blocks away for a gallon of milk and a loaf of bread. The Solstice grabbed me and wouldn't let go. I was hijacked. I arrived at the store 145 miles later with a grin on my face. I managed to make it home from the store in just 5 minutes, but I still have permagrin this morning.

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Took our Sol to "market" yesterday. Started to snow on our way in to town. Started snowing heavier while eating lunch. Got up this morning and it started snowing again!

The good news is that the paint sealant kept things looking sharp. Boatguy - not sure how it looks this morning and if it measures up to your results, but will find out shortly...

·
Registered
347 Posts
I agree. At this time last year I had already about 20 'top down' days. Zero this year and nothing in the upcoming forecast looks favorable.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Woo Freakin hoo!!! A day without rain. It was still a bit chilly but I got to take the Solstice out for a little drive. I even managed to clean the garage up. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 17C or 66F, I hope so I wanna wash the 16 pounds of sand off the floor and wax it up. Im a simple guy, clean cars, clean garage and freshly mowed lawn. Nothing makes me happier....err well almost nothing.

john

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It has been a blissful 2 days. It was warm, and the sun even came out for a few hours. I did it, I spent 2 days cleaning cars and garage bays. I threw tons of junk and pressure washed a beach out of the garage. Now I can start work on detailing the engine bays and other little things. Wife says the floor is so clean you can eat off it. I said you better, because your not eating in my clean cars.

NKTEX I even did the Hummer and put her high for the summer.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Doesn't anyone on here have any pull with Mother Nature?! I am really getting sick of the snow/rain! The Solstice is sitting in the garage all depressed wanting to go out & play.......

1 - 18 of 18 Posts