Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I just returned from an outing on a beautiful Solstice day and we were having a late lunch at an outdoor café. Our Solstice was parked in the parking lot about 20 feet from us when a RAM 250 pickup truck turned the corner and creamed the front left corner of our car. We couldn't see our car as the truck was in the way, but he proceeded to try to extricate himself from the situation and further destroyed the front bumper cover. His step-rail had hooked inside the wheel well and his back and forth efforts were very destructive. I am picking my car up today from the body shop. They were able to get all new parts from GM! I am astounded that even the front bumper cover
was available new.

Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Hood

Car Land vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oddly enough I drove our Sol to work today. Ran to the drive-through ATM at lunchtime and was stuck behind a CUV (whose driver was apparently trying to re-finance her home through the ATM based upon the amount of time she was taking.) It was then that the old bumper sticker on a tractor trailer popped into my mind.

"If you can't see my mirrors, I can't see you."

That was exactly my condition and reminded me why I keep my head on a swivel, especially in parking lots. The Solstice is easily blocked from view especially with most other vehicles getting taller.

Glad you found the parts you needed!
I've always been aware of how invisible our cars are to other drivers. Even more so with the top down. I also spend a lot of time and miles with my two motorcycles, so I guess I'm not giving myself a break!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts