Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone has tried the ranger hydraulic quick jacks on the solstice. They look nice, just curious if they fit and work on the solstice chassis. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
17,531 Posts
LOL

I have a lift under the car. Most recently with LED lights!

Before I got the lift I used a low height "racing" jack and pucks to get the car up in the air.

I looked at these for potential use at shows but they turned out to be a challenge to find and buy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input! My concern is if they will actually fit lengthwise under the car, but secondly the low lifting height. Me other option is a scissor lift style which will give over twice the lifting height and the price is about the same. Do you find the scissor style lift tend to block the underneath from access for maintenance or repairs? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,531 Posts
Thanks for the input! My concern is if they will actually fit lengthwise under the car, but secondly the low lifting height. Me other option is a scissor lift style which will give over twice the lifting height and the price is about the same. Do you find the scissor style lift tend to block the underneath from access for maintenance or repairs? Thanks for the help!
I use my lift daily. While it does make accessing some areas under the car more difficult, the car is actually several inches above the lift, on the lift arms and pucks. And there is a wide range of movement so if I am working on a particular area of the car from the bottom I can move it on the lift several feet to get better access to any given area.

The trade off is size and simplicity with the scissors lift vrs a much larger and more expensive two or four post lift. My garage would have required a major rebuild to fit a two post lift in there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts