Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please everyone feel free to post any rants to GM, they say they are listening, We'll See.

How come you don't give the dealers tracking numbers on the solstice like you do other cars ???? We should be able to track our cars but can't get any info from our dealers because you not giving any info. You would think a company like GM could get a better system in place for your customers. This shipping so slow is uncalled for. Start shipping the solstice in a more timely manner!

GM PLEASE SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP

·
Registered
905 Posts
What I've been saying since April is they need to have a website like UPS/FedEX where we can just get up to date info on our cars. That way we're kept in the loop, we're not bothering our dealers and Pontiac/GM itself.

·
Registered
676 Posts
the closest we've been able to get is an 800# for a trucking company---and they can only track the car if you have the VIN (which we all do) AND if it is their company that is doing the hauling AND if it has been picked up for delivery---like on the truck and out the door!!!! There has got to be a better way to keep the customer satisfied. If they can tracka little white envelope they should be able to track a car. ok rant done.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I'm going to go with the anti-rant. :D

GM I love this car, and I'm so glad you made it. Please keep up the good job and I hope I get mine soon.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Adrenaline said:
What I've been saying since April is they need to have a website like UPS/FedEX where we can just get up to date info on our cars. That way we're kept in the loop, we're no bothering our dealers and Pontiac/GM itself.
:agree: but makes to much common sense!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Jerry Valley said:
the closest we've been able to get is an 800# for a trucking company---and they can only track the car if you have the VIN (which we all do) AND if it is their company that is doing the hauling AND if it has been picked up for delivery---like on the truck and out the door!!!! There has got to be a better way to keep the customer satisfied. If they can tracka little white envelope they should be able to track a car. ok rant done.
really!?!!!! what's the telephone number? is this the trucking company that delivers straight from Wilmington via truck (eg. no rail service)?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
brentil said:
I'm going to go with the anti-rant. :D

GM I love this car, and I'm so glad you made it. Please keep up the good job and I hope I get mine soon.
Glad you FINALLY have your car.

Now back to the rant.... Please Mr. GM person can I have my car. I have waited two whole weeks less than the EOP folks. So does that mean I get my car in two weeks.

What can I say, I've got a cold and it's hockey season, so we Canucks have to save our energy for something really important. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jerry Valley said:
Whats the 800 # for the trucking co ? please sent it to me thru email.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Dear GM, the cars should have been produced and delivered in order of when they were ordered (at least for the 10 days of the EOP promo).

Because you guys had the genius to put Eastern Time but not differentiate between Daylight and Standard, I got my order in 12 minutes after the first 1000 were sold...

...yet I am in 3rd month allocation at my dealer (and i'm their ONLY Solstice on order).

·
Registered
233 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:

Now back to the rant.... Please Mr. GM person can I have my car. I have waited two whole weeks less than the EOP folks. So does that mean I get my car in two weeks.

What can I say, I've got a cold and it's hockey season, so we Canucks have to save our energy for something really important. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't have the excuse of being ill for my bad mood. I had my car built in July, shipped out on the 5th of August, took 17 days to get within an hour of my dealershilp, held for a week, and then sent back to Delaware with the excuse of quality control...EXCUSE ME!!!!! Isn't that what they are supposed to do prior to being shipped out from the plant??? :brentil: I haven't gotten any response from GM or my dealer for weeks. Oh, I forgot to mention, that GM Customer service did call and ask me if I had received my car during the first week of September :devil: ....I'm this close to buying another car....I have never had such poor customer service from anyone in my life. I don't expect anything more than the next person, but when I have been told by numerous people that my car is here, and then it is taken back and no one will answer me with any type of answer except for the canned response that it is in quality control for testing or transit for an indefinite period. Then to find out that people who have had their cars built in September are receiving their cars in September just makes my blood boil....NOT the people, GM. All my fellow co-workers that have listened to my story say that I should take this as a sign to mean that I need to get another car. :rant:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
mssleepr said:
I don't have the excuse of being ill for my bad mood. I had my car built in July, shipped out on the 5th of August, took 17 days to get within an hour of my dealershilp, held for a week, and then sent back to Delaware with the excuse of quality control...EXCUSE ME!!!!! Isn't that what they are supposed to do prior to being shipped out from the plant??? :brentil: I haven't gotten any response from GM or my dealer for weeks. Oh, I forgot to mention, that GM Customer service did call and ask me if I had received my car during the first week of September :devil: ....I'm this close to buying another car....I have never had such poor customer service from anyone in my life. I don't expect anything more than the next person, but when I have been told by numerous people that my car is here, and then it is taken back and no one will answer me with any type of answer except for the canned response that it is in quality control for testing or transit for an indefinite period. Then to find out that people who have had their cars built in September are receiving their cars in September just makes my blood boil....NOT the people, GM. All my fellow co-workers that have listened to my story say that I should take this as a sign to mean that I need to get another car. :rant:
OK I'l give you a 9.8 for your rant. ;)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
OK I'l give you a 9.8 for your rant. ;)
Don't you know that women have the edge for ranting???? :yesnod:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:

Umm, I don't think Brentil has his car, does he?
And I think I agree with his anti-rant, whether he has his car or not. :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
mssleepr said:
Don't you know that women have the edge for ranting???? :yesnod:
He meant 9.8 on the Richter scale. :yesnod: I give you 12.5 on a scale of 1-10.

·
Registered
233 Posts
achieftain said:
He meant 9.8 on the Richter scale. :yesnod: I give you 12.5 on a scale of 1-10.
Thank you....At least I am good at something.... :lol:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
mssleepr said:
Thank you....At least I am good at something.... :lol:
Well I have been married for almost 27 years and KNOW that the women is always right. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Let's just wait until spring of 2006 for our orders!

We can’t run our ragtop down during winter so let us just wait until GM gets their act together. I mean after all GM may be telling us something- the cars are not worth human occupation? Let GM do the numbers- maybe this is just a Vega with a rag top!!! I do not think GM wants another VEGA?
BTW - my first car was a VEGA!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
Well I have been married for almost 27 years and KNOW that the women is always right. ;)
PLease let your wife know that she had done a great job in training you.... :lol: My husband has his slinky head look :lol: whenever I am on a rant...(Yes dear....yes dear......)Truly, I think it is the males that have trained us women......You just let us think that we have the final say.... :lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry

I really feel sorry for you people who ordered your dreams 20 weeks pasts and have not received them by now. After reading all of these posts I am going to wait to get mine- I am going to cancel my order now. I am really glad this forum is a live and well- I wish GM was!
Thanks again for the post- too bad GM can't do the same!!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
Slight Freudian typo there, that should be either the woman is always right or women are always right. Probably the result of having lived with a wife and two daughters, both of whom are in University.

The crazy thing about this forum is we all come here hoping for more informaton, but it seems the more we know the crazier it makes us.

All we really need to know is the answer to one simple question:
"When is my car arriving at my dealer?".

Forget the event codes, shipping delays and any other BS. Just give me a freeking date and stick to it. I suggest: a month, 6 months out; a week, one month before; and a day, one week before.

Now that wasn't so hard was it!

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.