Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a suggestion to Pontiac; I'd like to know what you all think of it. I suggested that they offer buyers in the midwest and northeast a guaranteed date for an early spring delivery along with some sort of incentive (maybe a headliner?). That would free up more cars for the south and west where, for some of us, convertible season is just about to start.

Am I insane? Would you have any faith in a Pontiac "guarantee" for a delivery date?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
:agree:
LOL I would be all for relieving snowbirds from the burden of having to store their Solsti.
I'll probably take delivery next year just in time for the blast furnace we call summer to start again. (April)

How about if I just store your Solstice in Arizona. Kind of like a little vacation for your Solstice instead of having the poor thing shivering in some cold dark garage back east? I'll give it plenty of fresh air, exercise and a bath. Spa treatment. Your car will love you for it.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Would I like your suggestion if it were implemented? Sure, but it would not be fair. A lot of people placed their orders before me. Location should not really matter.

Besides, those of us living in Southern Arizona can probably squeeze top down time every month of the year. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
BadAzSolstice said:
Would I like your suggestion if it were implemented? Sure, but it would not be fair. A lot of people placed their orders before me. Location should not really matter.

Besides, those of us living in Southern Arizona can probably squeeze top down time every month of the year. :cool:
A rational response to the irrational concept of rational distribution. I'm getting dizzy. :willy: :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,171 Posts
BadAzSolstice said:
Would I like your suggestion if it were implemented? Sure, but it would not be fair. A lot of people placed their orders before me. Location should not really matter.

Besides, those of us living in Southern Arizona can probably squeeze top down time every month of the year. :cool:
Dream killer :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
936 Posts
clamato said:
Am I insane? Would you have any faith in a Pontiac "guarantee" for a delivery date?
Yes you are insane! They already have rational delivery. They build 1000 cars and only deliver 83. If that is not rationing I don't know what is. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,171 Posts
ateam_77 said:
Yes you are insane! They already have rational delivery. They build 1000 cars and only deliver 83. If that is not rationing I don't know what is. :lol:
:glol: Glad to see that you still have some of your sense of humor ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
ateam_77 said:
Yes you are insane! They already have rational delivery. They build 1000 cars and only deliver 83. If that is not rationing I don't know what is. :lol:
If they ration all the rational deliveries to the irrational sun-baked boneheads in the South and West (myself included), how irrational will the ration deprived EOP folks get if the can't get rational deliveries? :brentil:

I knew I shouldn't have had that last cocktail.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,171 Posts
sonoransolstice said:
If they ration all the rational deliveries to the irrational sun-baked boneheads in the South and West (myself included), how irrational will the ration deprived EOP folks get if the can't get rational deliveries? :brentil:

I knew I shouldn't have had that last cocktail.
Cocktail? I thought it was late summer Arizona sun stroke!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
I sense a monsoon coming. I gotta go out and fly a kite. :leaving:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,729 Posts
...I love it

Sounds very rational to me.
:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Solstices only for the Westerners........

clamato said:
I made a suggestion to Pontiac; I'd like to know what you all think of it. I suggested that they offer buyers in the midwest and northeast a guaranteed date for an early spring delivery along with some sort of incentive (maybe a headliner?). That would free up more cars for the south and west where, for some of us, convertible season is just about to start. Am I insane? Would you have any faith in a Pontiac "guarantee" for a delivery date?
I'm in California, sounds good to me! Ship all the Solstice's to the West Coast for the Westerners to enjoy top down driving over the next few months! :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
905 Posts
Or better yet, deliver all of the Northern states's cars first since it's gonna be snowing in November.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top