Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Solstice. For the last year or so, there's been a rattle coming from what sounds like underneath the car, but the dealership can't seem to track it down.

The rattle sounds like something kind of heavy. It only happens when the car is moving, and it doesn't seem to matter whether I'm braking, holding the clutch, or pressing the gas. So, I'm 99% sure that there's something loose, somewhere... it's just not apparent.

If I had to guess, I'd say that it sound like it's coming from the rear passenger side, but I can't swear it.

I've looked at everything I can reach without putting the car on a lift, and nothing seems loose. The dealership keeps saying that they can't reproduce it, but honestly, I kind of get the feeling that they're not even trying because I hear it before I leave the parking lot.

Anyone else crossed this bridge? Any idea what I might be looking for?

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
You describe what you can't do to recreate it, but can you associate it with what type of motion? During cornering more often than straight? Heavy bumps versus light bumps? Sounds suspension related.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really can't get it to rattle on command, so no, not really. It does seem to do it more when I'm coasting slowly (like towards a stop sign), but whether it's because the road I'm on is bumpy or because the wind isn't drowning out the noise, I can't be sure.

The only time I can guarantee it will happen is when there's a hot girl nearby LOL

It sounds like something heavy and metal, so I was certain that it was the exhaust, but the dealership says no.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I seem to recall someone having a problem with the bolts that hold the drive shaft to the front of the diff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts