Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to see if anybody has found similar!

I have a rattle/rubbing noise (sounds like vinyl to vinyl sticksion) somewhere in the rear bulkhead below the window and seems to be on driver side over bumpy roads.

Moved the seats up, that's not it.

Press on the window, that's not it.

Didn't notice with top down, that is something I need to check!

Something in the trunk?

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
If rattle is with the top up:

Check the top mechanism where it touches the Tulip Panel, while in the up position. The bars are wrapped with a plastic tape that wears out. Then you have a metal bar rubbing against the tulip panel that rattles when you hit a bump. Replace the crap OEM plastic tape with self adhesive silicone tape.

·
Super Moderator
16,390 Posts
This might be the two plastic panels where the seatbelt exits the trunk. There are posts from 07 discussing this. The panels overlap slightly and can move against each other. I had it on my Sol. I put a small section of 3m tape at the joint to separate the two panels and the noise has not been back

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f12/panel-squeak-cant-fix-56093/

·
Registered
433 Posts
Wanted to see if anybody has found similar!

I have a rattle/rubbing noise (sounds like vinyl to vinyl sticksion) somewhere in the rear bulkhead below the window and seems to be on driver side over bumpy roads.

Moved the seats up, that's not it.

Press on the window, that's not it.

Didn't notice with top down, that is something I need to check!

Something in the trunk?
Sorry to hear about the rattle noise happening with your Solstice. If this issue continues to occur, please consult a GM Tech as they should be able to find and repair the source of the noise. If you would like us to look into it, please send us a PM with your name, VIN#, situation, and contact information. I hope this is resolved quickly for you and that you have an enjoyable holiday despite any car concern. Thank you and regards.

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts