Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was not in the first K, but did get in the dealer allocation. Mine is supposed to be the 3rd car delievered to the dealer. I ordered deep, with black leather. No ABS upgrade radio or onstar. Ordered everything else. There is a new Solstice hot line at pontiac 1-866-539-0256. They told me that the first K will be October and then rolling out the rest, but they doubt I will see it before November. I live in Wisconsinsin and sports cars are parked by mid November. I called the dealer and left a message for them to cancel the order. I dont want to drive a previous years model and pay todays price.

If I take delivery, does anyone want it.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
sorry to hear you dont want to hang in there...it will be a 2006 model regardless of deliver..but understand your concern....and winter time to park the car......here in northern va..it will be a year round driver...abeit the second car.....good luck..waiting patiently! :leaving:

·
Registered
312 Posts
IMO:

Keep your order active. Don't back out now...assuming you are buying at list or MSRP.

When you do get it (in November, like me...), you will know the market for the Solstice.

Then talk to your dealer and ask him if there is a waiting list. If there is, maybe someone on that list is willing to pay a premium for your car. If your dealer is marking it up $3,000, ask for half of that to turn over your order to one of those on his wait list.

Just an idea. November, that stinks. Their ramp up for production is very slow...but then again, maybe they are managing our expectations. I live in Minnesota and I'm hoping I get mine before then! I'm not the 1st 1K either...but darn close (time stamp of 2:37:02...my dealer/the system screwed up somehow and I didn't get in...even though I had my order in since March and I was in the dealership at 8am April 15th...and waited until they got it ordered via the Apprentice deal).

No, I'm not bitter.

RadRiv

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sucks

Too bad, i didnt go in till 5PM, you should have been on the 1st K

I was willing to get it, no mark up from the dealer, and see the market, but I'm frustrated at Pontiac because there is no one to talk to and been getting a run around

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Yep ... it's tough to get good info about anything going on with the car. Also, keep in mind that number you have is the hotline they set up for the EOP program and dealing with the "First 1000" process. It's outsourced to another company, so you're not actually talking to anybody at Pontiac. They were a great source of information about the EOP and the first 1000 cars, but their information about production is just whatever the latest GM line is. And GM is still being pretty tight-lipped about future production and ramp-up schedules. So even though the official word is that all of the first 1000 will be out by the end of October, they may very well be done by September.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Convertibles and Model years don't work

Let's face it, the model year starting in September just doesn't work for any "summer" car. But "whadya gonna do", it is the way it is.

So you either do what we have done and order for delivery in the Fall or buy in the Spring. With the year's production sold out already, don't expect any deals next Spring. In fact, the same situation will still exist. Don't forget they have only started to advertise, as soon as cars start passing through dealers and people see them on the road and sales literature is available, demand is going up.

I live in Ottawa, second coldest capital in the world and don't look forward to taking delivery in November, but you know what, next Spring, when we roll out of the garage in late March or early April, we will be the ones causing tongues to hang out and enjoying those early days of convertible weather.

So hang in there, you've waited this long don't give up now. :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
taxlaw said:
I was not in the first K, but did get in the dealer allocation. Mine is supposed to be the 3rd car delievered to the dealer. I ordered deep, with black leather. No ABS upgrade radio or onstar. Ordered everything else. There is a new Solstice hot line at pontiac 1-866-539-0256. They told me that the first K will be October and then rolling out the rest, but they doubt I will see it before November. I live in Wisconsinsin and sports cars are parked by mid November. I called the dealer and left a message for them to cancel the order. I dont want to drive a previous years model and pay todays price.

If I take delivery, does anyone want it.
This is a 2006 not a 2005 so I don't know what you are talking about????

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
I would if I were in your situation at the very worst have the dealer keep my order active for future allocations or you may not get one for spring 2006. Keep the order, but ask the dealer how long they get floor plan before interest kicks in the unit and let them store it inside the showroom til the weather breaks. Maybe one of the dealers would volunteer us that info.

·
5,600 Posts
As Winston Churchill said, "Never, never, never, never give in!" ;)

Just kidding. You can always buy one next year. I have a good feeling that the Solstice is going to be around for a long, long time to come. Of course, only the 1st gen. will have the especially small trunk size. :D

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
taxlaw said:
I dont want to drive a previous years model and pay todays price.
Just checking....you do know it's a model year 2006 car right? Those built in 2006 will be 2007 models.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
mceb said:
Just checking....you do know it's a model year 2006 car right? Those built in 2006 will be 2007 models.
I obviously can't speak for him, but I believe what he is thinking is that it will be late next spring before he would be able to drive it, and it would be getting close to time for the 2007 model year, so he probably feels he is losing on the deal. If it was a normal car, I know that I wouldn't buy one late in the model year without incentives, because if you need to sell the car you've taken too big a hit. But this isn't a regular car, so I'm doubting that it would lose much value, if any. If I was him, I would take it and garage it until I could drive it. After all, that's what he will be doing every year anyway.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Tax. Don't feel so bad. I placed my order on April 16, and haven't heard a word from my dealer since. I tried to call to change the stereo system on my order and was told I couldn't, even though the order hadn't been pulled yet. I then was told that the car wouldn't be arriving til October also. Like you, I live in the midwest "Illlinois to be exact" and would have very limited time to drive this car. I also hate making payments on a car for 4 months when the car won't be able to be driven very much this year. I guess I'll hang in there and see how things play out. Worse case senario, I wait til next spring and buy a Roush Mustang from a dealership,and car company who cares about their customers,and one who cares about them even after their deposit is taken . wheeeeeeeeeeeeew, got a little carried away, and had to get that off my chest. Good Luck Tax.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Where in N. Virginia?

PAO,

Where in N. Virginia are you? I am in Leesburg.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thats what I was trying to say, when I ordered on 4/15 I was expecting it in June, or at least for this summer. By the time I get it out next year, it's a year old.

After talking to my wife and salesman a couple times today, we decided to keep the order in!

·
Registered
137 Posts
taxlaw said:
Thats what I was trying to say, when I ordered on 4/15 I was expecting it in June, or at least for this summer. By the time I get it out next year, it's a year old.

After talking to my wife and salesman a couple times today, we decided to keep the order in!
Glad to hear it TaxLaw! You would have regretted it the first time you saw one of these beauties on the street :yesnod:

:cool:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
taxlaw said:

even if it is a year old it will be LOW Mileage, and that will account for something... Plus you will not have to pay any dealer markups because of the demand for these cars I feel will be greater than the supply for a long time... You know what they say, A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush... in other words get one while you can, i doubt very much there will be many changes the first year. or two.
you can always shovel the snow off your driveway and park it outside and make the snow melt... that is one hot car... !!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts