Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Listen, If you're a real new guy to the Solstice phenomenon, and just ordered one a week ago, when might I expect to take delivery?

Thanx :(

·
4,592 Posts
Zepplin said:
Listen, If you're a real new guy to the Solstice phenomenon, and just ordered one a week ago, when might I expect to take delivery?

2008? 2009?

Sorry, couldn't resist :lol: I believe spring next year, but it changes so often, I don't know.

Welcome Zepplin!

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
A lot depends on where you are in your dealer's allocation pool. As in all first four month allocations will have been built before second four month allocations, etc.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Zepplin said:

Only one thing newbee, you spelled your name wrong. It's Zeppelin.

Oh, and have fun waiting a while. The good news is that during your entire wait cars will be being produced. My wife ahs been waiting years to order one, then 3 more months before the first car even rolled off the line. And now another month of line start up whoes. It's going to make a nice Christmas present though.

·
Registered
245 Posts
:glol: :glol: :glol: CHRISTMAS!!! :glol: :glol: :glol:

·
Registered
245 Posts
I hope that i am lucky enough to get my car by christmas... I'D BETTER GET MY CAR BY CHRISTMAS!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Christmas - Yikes!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
What number are you at your dealer? Are you in the 1st or 2nd allocation?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, Zep :cheers:

The line you have to stand in before you can stand in the waiting room, forms to the right! :lol:

Actually, I think the correct answer to your question is....After I get MINE!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sol Survivor said:
What number are you at your dealer? Are you in the 1st or 2nd allocation?
I have no idea. Can the dealer tell me where I am in their allocation?

·
Registered
184 Posts
They should have told you upfront. This way you would know where you stand. They know how many they have been allocated and how many orders they have taken.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm new to the Solstice frenzy as well. I ordered one this past Monday from a large Houston area dealer. They told me that they received one of the 1000 cars two weeks ago and that they were alloted three. Two spots were spoken for and I grabbed the third. Order was supposedly placed on Tuesday.They didn't charge a preimum over sticker (unlike others I emailed) and said to expect delivery by October. Sounds like I shouldn't get my hopes up.

04 Infinti FX
96 Mustang Vobra
06 Solstice on deck
:)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Sol Survivor said:
They should have told you upfront. This way you would know where you stand. They know how many they have been allocated and how many orders they have taken.
Correct. Welcome to the waiting game. I wouldn't take the dealer's word for when you can expect delivery. Just find out where you stand as far as their allocations and follow this forum (if you can take the frustrations) :lurk:
Lots of great info to be found here. You will be a Solstice expert by the time it arrives.

·
Registered
340 Posts
SlyFly said:
I ordered one this past Monday from a large Houston area dealer. They told me that they received one of the 1000 cars two weeks ago and that they were alloted three. Two spots were spoken for and I grabbed the third. Order was supposedly placed on Tuesday.
:)
:skep:
Wow. A "large" metropolitan dealer with only 3 allocations and you are one of the lucky ones ordering at this late date. Do Texans just not want these cars? Most dealers in AZ have enormous wait lists far beyond their first four month allocations. I hope this works out for you, but have to admit that with a wait that will be minimum 6 months, I am somewhat jealous. Congrats on your find.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I took what they told with a grain of salt at the time... Based on everything I've read on this board since, I'll believe it when I see it. Fingers crossed...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts