Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took possession of my black #62 about 5 weeks ago. First one in St. Louis, Missouri. I am considering retiring at the end of this year and I don't think I can afford the payments on the car. I paid approx. $28k:
MSRP approx. $25k, Sales Tax approx: $2k, 6 Year Extended Warranty: Approx: $1k NOTE: I don't have the paperwork in front of me so I am approximating all monies.

I am looking to get back what I paid for the car and nothing more. Approx. $28k.

I was wondering if anyone was interested in purchasing my car? Has all options except: Premium audo system, XM radio, ABS. I think I have all other options.

Car is mint and has less than 1,000 miles. Always garaged and pampered.

All emails answered. I can also be reached at [email protected]

·
Registered
404 Posts
did u buy ur car yet dj? or am i still youngest person with a solstice on the way?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Min0r said:
did u buy ur car yet dj? or am i still youngest person with a solstice on the way?
i d00 no ur da only boi hoo talks lyke dis up in herr. :lol:

·
Registered
404 Posts
I am just too lazy to type out the whole word without slang lol. I see that you have quite a bit of experience with the slang talk as well though :patriot:

·
4,592 Posts
Fortimir said:
i d00 no ur da only boi hoo talks lyke dis up in herr. :lol:
that was utterly painful to make out :willy:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
RODEO said:
that was utterly painful to make out :willy:
That's why I make fun of it... It is a huge pet-peeve of mine.

I'm the kind of guy who, when "typing" text messages, I type out full words, using correct capitalization and punctuation.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Min0r said:
I see that you have quite a bit of experience with the slang talk as well though :patriot:
I'm only 19. I get that crap from a lot of people who TXT me. I procede to punch them in their faces.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm 19 and I have one as well.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Solstice62 said:
I took possession of my black #62 about 5 weeks ago. First one in St. Louis, Missouri. I am considering retiring at the end of this year and I don't think I can afford the payments on the car. I paid approx. $28k:
MSRP approx. $25k, Sales Tax approx: $2k, 6 Year Extended Warranty: Approx: $1k NOTE: I don't have the paperwork in front of me so I am approximating all monies.

I am looking to get back what I paid for the car and nothing more. Approx. $28k.

I was wondering if anyone was interested in purchasing my car? Has all options except: Premium audo system, XM radio, ABS. I think I have all other options.

Car is mint and has less than 1,000 miles. Always garaged and pampered.

All emails answered. I can also be reached at [email protected]

FYI - You can cancel the extended warranty or gap insurance and get a refund.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mine is on the way (hopefully), but I would be interested in hearing the details of your transaction once it's sold. Please come back and post what you sold it for and to what city, state. Good luck and sorry you can't hold on to her. That must be tough. :(

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I Didn't Know That...

Dealernut:

Thank you for the information. I didn't know that I could do a 'buy-back' on the Sol warranty. I will contact the dealer and ask about this.

Have you known others to do this? Is this SOP?

Thanks....Marty

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey Sol Nice

I followed your event history -
When did you find out your VIN?
My baby was born on 10/25/05. (Event Code 3800)
The car was ordered from Gilland Pontiac in Ozark, AL.

Thanks.
[email protected]

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
dealernut said:
FYI - You can cancel the extended warranty or gap insurance and get a refund.

And the sales tax if sold in so many days can be refunded also in alot of states.

You don't expect someone to reimberse you for sales tax, this is something you eat or get arefund from your state..

·
Registered
258 Posts
That's for sure. A buyer would end up paying your sales tax with the purchase and sales tax again when he gets the title changed.

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Point Well Taken

Yes, I finally agree that I should not charge someone sales tax that I paid. Also, I found out that I can get back my extended warranty.....

·
4,592 Posts
solstice62, I've sent you an email! PM me if you like!

·
4,592 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts