Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Been reading posts since February when I bought an 07 GXP for my wife (kinda like when I bought her a table saw lol) as an extra car for nice days. I have 2 1968 Pontiac convertibles so figured she should have a Pontiac convertible as well right?. I'm impressed with the knowledge base on this site and glad to be a member here.
I need to refinish left side quarter panel and rear cover as previous repairs are not up to the level I would like. I owned/worked an Autobody shop in the past so less than perfect paintwork is one of my pet peeves. More like a sickness I guess lol.
Anyway, I don't have any recent crash books or even a service manual yet and was wondering if anyone has an exploded view of how the cover is attached. Always prefer going into a job knowing what to expect rather than discovering..
The GXP is triple black, 5 speed and has every option sans the spoiler. I am considering adding one but I only see aftermarket ones available. Anyone have the GM pn? (assuming they are still available). Are the emblems on the cover glued on? I'm either going to remove cover for paint or at least loosen it enough so the clear coat won't bridge the body panels.
Thanks in advance. Sorry my first post is so long.
Dave

·
Super Moderator
16,388 Posts
I have pics of the disassembly on the Punisher thread

Basically, remove the bolts across the top edge in the trunk, remove the rear valence which is generally two screws and clips. Then there are tow more bolts under the license plate. Remove the inner fender screws that attach to the rear bumper cover, then pull outward on the ends and lift up. There are sliding mating fingers/ retainers on each end. You now have the cover off the car. One connecter and its free. It took me about an hour the first time. I could do it now in half that time.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Nice 68's Dave. I've bought my wife a bunch of stuff like that too. I think we all have. she told me we needed an assault rifle so I bought her an AK at the gun show a couple weeks ago. glad you got what you were looking for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts