Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine are looking a little uneven after about 5 years compared to when the car was new. The car was never hit so it's likely do to heat and cold cycling of the plastic bumper material.

Is there anyway to adjust the way these parts fit together to make them perfect again?

·
Administrator
9,254 Posts

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
If memory servers me correct...

remove the lower black plastic body clips that retain the bumper fascia to the rear fender liner. Pull the plastic fender liner up and out of your way and you should see three bolts for securing the bumper fascia to the rear quarter panel. I believe over tightening these bolts will cause the bumper fascia to get wavy...don't over tighten. Maybe use some blue loctite on those three bolts. Pobably will have to replace the plastic body clips with new as they usually break when removing. Available at any good automotive parts place.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
That's a great tip riggs. A couple of mine are showing signs of "unevenness". Over tightening would certainly cause the plastic panel to buckle after expanding/contracting. Letting them slip would let the panel move with out buckling.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I have a complete book on how to adjust all the panels on our cars. If you are going to be at the nationals, I can make y'all some copies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts