Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Rear Clamshell 3m Clear Coating?

4K views 33 replies 13 participants last post by  MITCH 
#1 ·
Whats with the 3m clear film placed along and around the rear clamshell butresses. I wonder if I could remove the the clear, and just have the paint exposed.

Do we really need a clear plastic coating on the rear deck where the top is attached to the rear deck butresses?? :rolleyes: :devil:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Don't be the first to remove it Mitch! :nono:

You would be amazed at how quickly fabric can wear through paint. I moved 1000 miles once with a step-side pickup and a plastic tarp over the contents of the box. Where the tarp hit the fenders it wore through the paint.

My guess would be that early testing of the Sols proved that the flying butresses were flapping enough to strip the paint down to the primer in no time at all.

#3 ·
MITCH said:
Whats with the 3m clear film placed along and around the rear clamshell butresses. I wonder if I could remove the the clear, and just have the paint exposed.

Do we really need a clear plastic coating on the rear deck where the top is attached to the rear deck butresses?? :rolleyes: :devil:
Pontiac thought so. Corvettes have them too. I would say remove it at your own risk. It's your car. ;)

#5 ·
SCISOLSTICE said:
LEAVE IT ALONE OR ELSE.
Now, now... If he lives in Perfectville where it stays 70 degrees year round, never rains, birds only sh*t on the ground and people never steal things out of open topped cars then he obviously plans on removing the top altogether because he would never put it up. Therefore if there's no top to go up, theres no sense in having the 3M.

Hell, just shave the chrome receptacles too! ;)

#6 ·
dori-san said:
Now, now... If he lives in Perfectville where it stays 70 degrees year round, never rains, birds only sh*t on the ground and people never steal things out of open topped cars then he obviously plans on removing the top altogether because he would never put it up. Therefore if there's no top to go up, theres no sense in having the 3M.

I like this place. Tell me more! ;)

#7 ·
stang said:
Yes, Papa San... please regale us with stories of your motherland.

#8 ·
stang said:
The women all have perfectly proportioned bodies and are as lustful as you could ever wish for. A river of beer flows through the center of town. All the toilet seats are made of gold. Lunches are free everywhere on Sunday.

#9 ·
dori-san said:
The women all have perfectly proportioned bodies and are as lustful as you could ever wish for. A river of beer flows through the center of town. All the toilet seats are made of gold. Lunches are free everywhere on Sunday.
They have 2 sports teams:

COLTS
PACERS

What a glorious place!

#10 ·
dori-san said:

reminded me of that big rock candy mountain folk song from O' Brother Where Art Thou.

#12 ·
IS300toSOLSTICE said:
They have 2 sports teams:

COLTS
PACERS

What a glorious place!
*sigh* We've got the Indians, Fever, Ice, Firebirds, Greyhounds, Jaguires, Bulldogs, and some others, too! ;)

But ohh man... I hear the Colts are going to the Super Bowl in this magical place that Papa San speaks of.

#17 ·
stang said:
Gold toilets. :lol:
Elvis died on a gold toilet.

...are you sure you want one?

#20 ·
dori-san said:
You whores. ;) I'm going to bed for the night.

I predict this thread will be locked by the time I wake, at the rate you all are going.
I think the new rule should be:

-When the parent post has been addressed correctly, the thread is then thrown into anarchy and anything goes.

#26 ·
dori-san said:

I've had MARiSOL for 20 days now, top went up once. That was Monday, and it was for an hour. Dried it off and stuck it back in its hiding place again.

Great weather in Houston! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.