Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum and just purchased a 2006 Solstice with 53k miles. I have had it a week today and noticed noise coming from the rear whenever I'm at slow speeds in gear and in a turn. I can hold the clutch in and the noise goes away.
I have read on this forum about the differential issue that some of you are having. Could this be the same issue?

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,480 Posts
I'm new to this forum and just purchased a 2006 Solstice with 53k miles. I have had it a week today and noticed noise coming from the rear whenever I'm at slow speeds in gear and in a turn. I can hold the clutch in and the noise goes away.
I have read on this forum about the differential issue that some of you are having. Could this be the same issue?
Do you have a limited slip diff? (G80 on the RPO list in the glove box.)

Describe the noise, please?

There are several things it could be.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
G80 - yes. Sounds: clicking, grinding only at slow speed when in first or second gear. I thought it may be a u- joint until I started reading this forum.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I used to get "chatter" from my diff in tight maneuvers. Swapped out the factory fill on my 08' Sky RL with some AMSOIL, and have not had an issue since.

·
Registered
433 Posts
That is not good to be hearing such a noise. If you plan to have it looked at by a GM Tech, please let me know how the status goes. Keep us updated on this issue. Also, I am attaching a tool designed for car owners by GM. It will give you access to manuals, any applicable warranty/special coverages, and the dealer service history. I hope this is repaired quickly for you.

Pontiac Owner Resources and Information | Pontiac

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts