Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
This was a PM that I received from <edited - mod>. He says he works on the Solstice and the rear window is glass with defog. I don't know if this is old news to you guys, but I thought I would share as this seems to be coming from an "inside" source. (see below)
Peace!
JW

<edited>
solstice glass

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the rear backlite in the solstice is glass with defog,i am one of the techs working on the solstice in Warren if you have any more ?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks for the Info! :thumbs It seems like for all of our fears about the quality and features of the Sol every time we get an update it is always for the better. :smile

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I'm betting he sent that to you as a PM because he didn't want people knowing he was giving out information still.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
brentil said:
I'm betting he sent that to you as a PM because he didn't want people knowing he was giving out information still.
Did we know that already? I thought we saw rear defrost mentioned somewhere, maybe in relation to the Sky? Maybe not too, I am not positive. I could just be going crazy! :crazy

Be careful of reporting any “insider” information to the forum! If the information isn’t widely available, you could get your source into a heap of trouble, and you may be hassled by GM yourself over it.

Someone who found some Corvette C6 pics online early posted them to a forum and received a rude visit by the GM Gestapo (security) demanding answers as to where he found them.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
The England test articles mentioned it as glass.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Was there mention of defroster? (Probably a given with glass, but not necessarily, at least as a standard feature at this price level).

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Oh, I'm not disputing we might have not known this, just that he might have not wanted it known he was telling people this.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
solsticelvr,

in the future, if someone sends you a PM, please keep in mind that PM stands for "Private Message." Treat it as a message directly to you, and something the sender did not intend to see posted in public.

You can note or hint that information comes from an inside source, but try to refrain from publicly posting private messages, or revealing identity. He/She obviously wanted to remain anonymous for a reason.

Based on available information already made public, the general conclusion was made months ago that the rear window is glass. That might have been confirmed through inside sources, but all public domain sources all point toward glass.

Technical FAQ; Top Questions

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
brentil said:
Oh, I'm not disputing we might have not known this, just that he might have not wanted it known he was telling people this.
Sorry, didn't mean to imply that. :cheers I was just concered about someone getting in trouble, and if we had already figured it was getting the glass and defog there shouldn't be trouble.

Everyone is right, that PM info shouldn't really be made public. At least not so far as to link it back to the original source! Even if its not secretive information, the sender may not appreciate it going public.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
IMO, It is almost a given that this car will have a glass rear window with defogger. However it might be an option you have to pay for. The stripper base model may very well come with the hard plastic that one of the show bots said it had. If this is true, it's a no brainer for me, I'm getting glass. :thumbs

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Defog glass will mean one of two things. The top remains anchored to the machine at all times, even in storage. Or a plug in harness or automatic connector when top is up. It is low volts but wouldn't want it to be able to be activated while stored.

Sol-the-man is right we have to be careful here, even with scans of articles and reprints "without express written permission" although articles about the Kappa's in print referenced here will probably generate increased sale sof those issues and as such permission(s) might be forthcoming.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts