Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,267 Posts
The urban legend about the trunk opening has been debunked several times through interviews with John Pointer, the engineer who designed it.

While NASCAR rules did require a functional trunk with factory hinges, they did not requir it to open fully.

·
Registered
413 Posts
so witch cobalt spoiler are you guys useing? 2 door? 4 door? just wondering.. I wonder how it affects the mpg& handling.or just pretty it up a bit more.

·
Super Moderator
6,267 Posts
A spoiler is purely decorative until you break 100 MPH. And unless it is designed properly it is just as likely to slow the car and reduce mileage as not.

Put one on if you like the look, but don't expect it to improve anything.

·
Registered
413 Posts
but but but.... dam a honest sails man!!!! I know lots about spoilers and how to use them when needed.mainly I was wondering witch cobalt spoiler solstice guys were using. our top sportsman car would top out about 201 in the 1/4.and have a good pucker factor...I raised the center of the wing about 1/4-3/8" ( 2 center struts only, outer left alone) next run no pucker but 208 or 210 mph just by raising the center 2 wing struts to keep the tires planted on the top end. and that was a soft tune up. I miss that fun.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts