Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a problem with my rear trunk not going up. I saw a video where a guy attached a spring to both sides of the inside bar and it appeared to work. I did the same thing but within a week the springs were stretched and does not open the trunk anymore. Any idea how to fix the main system ? :frown2:

·
Super Moderator
15,999 Posts
if you go to the second link in my signature you will find an index to the Punisher thread. In that thread I have a how to with pictures for replacing the trunk lifting torsion bars.

It looks complicated but it is really quite simple if you are hand with tools and have half a day to work through it.

Basically you remove a few pins and two small bolts, then pull the rear valence. Then you remove a number of mounting bolts and the rear bumper cover comes off the car exposing the hinges and torsion bars.

the torsion bars have been known to loose tension over time so replacing them is not unusual. We have seen a few break as well.

They can be had for about $20 each, one left, one right.

Good luck

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rob. I am handy with tools and will give it a try. To many times even if I get it open the the wind blows it down again !

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts