Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question: Is the Rear View Mirror electrical connection plug the same size and layout on a 'OnStar' and non 'OnStar' mirror(06)?

Just looking for a way to make the blind spot smaller....LOL

Thanks-Steve

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the answer is yes. I know the plug is the same, but the pinout may be slightly different. There are threads on this forum and others that detail the pinouts.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
SolNut,

I'm now doubting my own info. I think the non-onstar mirrors only have one row of pins. Will update this post if I find a definitive answer. Just want to get this post up in case you haven't bought one yet. If you do buy one from a salvage yard, try to get the "pigtail" with it. Then it's just a matter of splicing/soldering a few wires...

Edit:

Crap! I misled you. The connectors ARE DIFFERENT. The attachments should tell the story.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
you can get other year model mirrors and other than solstice rear views if that's what you're looking for. my 06 is fairly small and has lights only.

However, since the visors don't do much, there's been plenty of times where i was glad to have the bulky mirror up there:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.