Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

rear wheel stud

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Lyonhunter 
#1 ·
Hello. My local shop have my car for service and discovered a stripped rear wheel stud. The shop tell me that they can't buy an individual stud and will have to buy a whole new hub ($600). This sounds crazy to me. Help please.
Thank you

#5 ·
#7 ·
Thanks again guys. I may be retired next year and actually look forward to doing all the work on my 34,000 mile baby. I picked up the car and the shop owner told me that people don't want cars like the Solstice because not much is known about them. I said "it looks gorgeous and it's fast. What more does anybody need to know?" :) (I might have added that it's maybe the best bang for your buck out there, but I decided that he doesn't deserve one).

#9 ·
I have bought individual studs and have about a dozen.

If you cant find one let me know.

I bought mine because on our Sky the lug nuts "welded" themselves to the threads and several studs failed when I went to rotate the tires. I have gone to using anti-seize on all my lugs.

Watch this video

#10 ·
time to ditch that shop. I'd tell them to stop whatever they're doing, and put it back together. it will be ok to drive (not far, and not fast) with only 4 lugs. find a honest shop. even the local tire shop can change a wheel stud. I'd also make that shop's name public so no one else gets screwed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.