Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I carry a small sun shade for the windshield, but am thinking of making one for the rear window, maybe with suction cups. Has anyone tried this?

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
:agree:
Sorry, I thought that one was universal

Here is a pic........they can print what every you might want on the vinyl, I originally had the cover that they use for vertical wraps such as buses on it, but it caused too much distortion. Took it off and love it! :thumbs: Had it for over three years and only cost ~$1.35 x100 installed. YMMV....LOL!!! :thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,226 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have another sunshade that fit my full size truck(sold truck), that will work. Got some suction cups from the small shade that will attach to the black part of the glass. Start trimming Sunday. I hang out with the plain yellow mustard crowd.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
I'm just going to tint mine.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haven't had a chance to do this till today, fits pretty good. Used a large sunshade (28X66) and cut it in half (28X33)and flipped it upside down so the mirror cutaway is on the bottom. Taped some newspaper together (single sheet thick). With the rear window closed, I taped the paper to the outside of the rear window, covering the whole window and then some. Put my bright shop light in the cargo area and used the sunshade as a shiney cargo mat under the shop light. Turned off the ceiling lights in the garage and used a black felt tip to trace the black glass/clear glass border. Removed paper and cut out pattern. Taped pattern to sun shade and cut an inch bigger than the pattern all the way around. The rear window weatherstrip touches the window about 2" away from the clear glass. Punch 4 small holes for the suction cups. Folds up and fits in the cubbie with the front shade. Now for the BIG disappointment no pictures :sorry:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Took the coupe out today, hot and sunny. Used the rear window sun shade that I made along with the windshield (windscreen, eh)sun shade for the first time. When I returned from shopping a couple hours later, I noticed a big difference in the interior temp compared to just the front shade.

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
I use the accordion folded silver screen for the front and one of the ones that is part of a pair of the oval shades that you twist to fold in a circle for the back window. I open the back and lay it over the rubber trim and it holds under the slight edge between the back and the molding until I close the back glass.

I have been too lazy or cheap, depending on who you ask, to go the SolNut route with the 50/50 window vinyl.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts