Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
3,135 Posts
as a suggestion, get rid of those spring clamps on the vacuum lines and use high pressure fuel injector clamps. You can buy them at most parts stores. At the very least get the lines pushed on all the way and the clamps slid closer to the turbo so they are over the barb on the tubes coming off of the turbo.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
those are good looking tires btw.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Here are the torque specs you wanted.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
when you put the head on did you follow the tightening order?

Font Rectangle Circle Pattern Parallel

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies, the shop put my head on the block with my ARP head studs so We should be good there. Yes I have the o2 extender, it came with the cat from Solo. That’s all good. Actually I had to take the turbo back off anyway, I completely forgot that the exhaust manifold heat shield goes on first and I also didn’t know to put the oil line on first so I’ve got that on now. Putting the exhaust manifold heat shield back on and making sure I’ve got the right bolts, these guys thread just fine but don’t know if they’re quite the right length. Just didn’t want to force them if they weren’t right.
Water Automotive tire Wood Terrestrial plant Bicycle tire
Wood Automotive tire Tool Tread Kitchen utensil
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Vehicle Auto part Automotive exterior

Also, thanks for the torque specs! But also need to know what size stud and nut I use, they’re bigger than the turbo studs. Not sure I have those laying around yet. Been looking on gmpartsgiant for part numbers and sizes but can’t find those.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Crap, I don't remember what size I used. I think I used 1/2" 20 grade 8 nuts and bolts. I can't remember if it was 19mm or 17mm I used to tighten them. I think it was 19. It's not something you are going to find at Home Depot or Lowes. If you have Big R stores they will carry them or you will have to find a Fastener supply warehouse in your area. The fastener supply places usually have a sales counter and anyone can walk in and buy.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Good thing I mentioned the oil return line, that saved you a heap of work had you got the cat put back in and the exhaust all bolted up and the rest of the lines attached. Having to undo all of that would really suck.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts