Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
If they only add the reinforcement and the mat later fails, will GM replace the mat as part of the recall? That is the real problem. If the mat is perfect then (hopefully) the mat never fails, but if it's marginally, the reinforcement just buys some time. The objective is to have a working mat/sensor.

Not that I would say this out loud but I think it's best to go in with a broken mat/sensor.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,380 Posts
If they only add the reinforcement and the mat later fails, will GM replace the mat as part of the recall?
Short answer, yes, but only if it has been less than a year since the first fix (reinforcement only). The entire recall procedure has a 1 year warranty.

YMMV.

:dunno:

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is from GM
Dealers are to inspect the PPS sensor mat for proper function. If the mat is functioning correctly, dealers will add a reinforcement strip to the existing sensor mat. If the mat is not functioning correctly, dealers will install a new PPS mat with the reinforcement strip. Please note that GM’s standard 1 year/unlimited service part warranty applies to both the sensor mat and the reinforcement strip, regardless of which repair procedure is used. If only the reinforcement strip is installed, and the sensor mat fails during the 1 year/unlimited warranty period, the sensor mat and the reinforcement strip should be replaced free of charge.

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Took mine in yesterday to have the Service guy look at it. Mine finally broke a few weeks ago - no, I didn't do it deliberately, but I am glad I can get the whole thing replaced now. Interestingly I never got the actual recall postcard until about 10 days ago, pretty soon after it started giving me all the error/warning alarms! I guess someone was watching.

Anyway, the techs were out to lunch so he said he put in the ticket and ordered all 3 (?) parts anyway. I did tell him it was definitely busted, but he didn't check, he just said he'd order it all in case it was (sigh!)

He said the parts would come in in one to two weeks. Yeah - not holding my breath, but I didn't tell him that!

·
Super Moderator
6,497 Posts
Eventually, unless GM really is as evil and uncaring as some seem to think, parts are going to be available. Maybe it is getting to be that time. Fingers crossed?

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,380 Posts
Took mine in yesterday to have the Service guy look at it. Mine finally broke a few weeks ago - no, I didn't do it deliberately, but I am glad I can get the whole thing replaced now. Interestingly I never got the actual recall postcard until about 10 days ago, pretty soon after it started giving me all the error/warning alarms! I guess someone was watching.

Anyway, the techs were out to lunch so he said he put in the ticket and ordered all 3 (?) parts anyway. I did tell him it was definitely busted, but he didn't check, he just said he'd order it all in case it was (sigh!)

He said the parts would come in in one to two weeks. Yeah - not holding my breath, but I didn't tell him that!
It's nice to know that other people also have GM dealers that care about their customers and have decent customer experiences to report. My dealer service manager just went ahead and ordered all 3 parts for me at the start of the recall, without even talking to me, and then called me to schedule my recall when he got the parts in.

:dthumbs:

·
Registered
170 Posts
It's nice to know that other people also have GM dealers that care about their customers and have decent customer experiences to report. My dealer service manager just went ahead and ordered all 3 parts for me at the start of the recall, without even talking to me, and then called me to schedule my recall when he got the parts in.

:dthumbs:

Now that's REAL customer service!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts