·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
263 Posts
4th Quarter Delivery

So, can we all assume that the 4th Quarter delivery is confirmed now? Maybe this was a standard response the rep. was told to give?

If this is true, I hope one of you on the waitlist are lucky enough to get my order. I will not wait pass August for delivery.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
It will be interesting to see WHEN the cars actually start arriving. Maybe they are "underpromising" so they can "overdeliver". I just hope it never turns into 1st quarter 2006 :lol:

Seriously, would you rather have them say "maybe, maybe you might see your car in July or August, so maybe you'll get it this summer..." but then you end up taking delivery in October?

Isn't it better for them to promise you delivery by 4th quarter and have a chance at being pleasantly surprised by a few weeks? Isn't it better for them to promise you delivery by 4th quarter - but then you actually take delivery 4th quarter?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Based on all the information I have seen, and that has been published, I think GM is covering their bases and wants to make sure the car is right. You are going to have teething issues with suppliers and quality controll that has to be resolved and sometimes these things don't show up until late in the process and thus cause delays. I hope that we will see some Solstice on the road before Sept, but if not I will live with it. (Assuming I get my confirmation call!).

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
PAS22 said:
Based on all the information I have seen, and that has been published, I think GM is covering their bases and wants to make sure the car is right. You are going to have teething issues with suppliers and quality controll that has to be resolved and sometimes these things don't show up until late in the process and thus cause delays. I hope that we will see some Solstice on the road before Sept, but if not I will live with it. (Assuming I get my confirmation call!).
:agree:

·
Registered
288 Posts
What kind of crappy fax machine do you have that you can't fax a NY drivers license? ;)

Mine works just fine with my license. :lol:

Flagg

·
Registered
936 Posts
solsticeman said:
It will be interesting to see WHEN the cars actually start arriving. Maybe they are "underpromising" so they can "overdeliver". I just hope it never turns into 1st quarter 2006 :lol:

Seriously, would you rather have them say "maybe, maybe you might see your car in July or August, so maybe you'll get it this summer..." but then you end up taking delivery in October?

Isn't it better for them to promise you delivery by 4th quarter and have a chance at being pleasantly surprised by a few weeks? Isn't it better for them to promise you delivery by 4th quarter - but then you actually take delivery 4th quarter?
They already made statements that the first 1000 would be delivered by mid summer and now saying October. So I think they have already disappointed many people. I was under the impression we were getting them this summer and having them pushed back till fall is not good. I am holding out hope that they may still make it here before fall. When Pontiac started this EOP I don't think they planned to deilver so late I wonder if someone got in trouble for that one? But when all is said and done I am glad to be getting one of the first 1k and will wait as long as I have to.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Again, no wonder GM is in such a mess. Bringing this car out in the middle of winter is as dumb as it gets. Is it any wonder Honda and Toyota are eating their lunch.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Flagg said:
What kind of crappy fax machine do you have that you can't fax a NY drivers license? ;)

Mine works just fine with my license. :lol:

Flagg
He was just toying with her. I want my full 5 mnutes on the line with that voice, too. :lol:

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I faxed my license to another vendor for a verification and tested it to see how it came out. All I saw was that it 'looked like' a license and majorly a huge black blotch. But they still verified me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts