Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may take the cake for the geeky-est story on this forum (and I have pictures to prove it). :crazy:

About an hour ago, my wife calls and claims she is following a red solstice south on I-75 (near the Mustang plant). Naturally, I grab the video camera and jump in my truck. I wait impatiently on the south-bound on-ramp until... :willy: ... I see it. I peel-out and chase him down. Unfortunately, I didn't have anyone else to work the camera - so the pictures could be better. Oh man, is that car beautiful!

For anyone who is interested, given the present course and speed - I would estimate he will cross into Ohio at about 4:00pm. :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
MAKsys said:
This may take the cake for the geeky-est story on this forum (and I have pictures to prove it). :crazy:

About an hour ago, my wife calls and claims she is following a red solstice south on I-75 (near the Mustang plant). Naturally, I grab the video camera and jump in my truck. I wait impatiently on the south-bound on-ramp until... :willy: ... I see it. I peel-out and chase him down. Unfortunately, I didn't have anyone else to work the camera - so the pictures could be better. Oh man, is that car beautiful!

For anyone who is interested, given the present course and speed - I would estimate he will cross into Ohio at about 4:00pm. :)
...You're like a girl I dated back in high school.... lotsa talk, no action! :lol: ;) WHERE"S THE PICS!!!!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't yet - need one of the moderators to allow me to post attachments. :(

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Can you use that Putfile.com thing? I think it takes pictures or video files (MPG, etc.).

http://www.putfile.com/

This forum has no place for video files.

·
Registered
19 Posts
MAKsys said:
(cue the squelch noise) Copy that driver, all Ohio units head toward 280 and 75, set up a Solstice block on the highway, and stand by with cameras in hand. Red Dog Leader standing by...

Its probably one of the test units I got pics of on Wed in eastern Ohio headed to Michigan on a car hauler.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are just stills (I didn't have a camera handy). There also not very good (one from behind, two through the side mirror, all low res.) - more funny than anything else. :lol:

·
Registered
162 Posts
If you cannot post the pictures, PLEASE do not torment us by telling about solstice sightings> :brentil:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Danno said:
Damn those moderators, they're a bunch of ... Oh, hang on... they can see this, right?
Nah, they cannot read anything deragatory typed about them. It is a secret software forum filter that I activated weeks ago!! So feel free to comment away!!

:lol: :cool: :lol:

·
Registered
72 Posts
MAKsys said:
Red Solstice heading South on I-75
Living about 100 miles north of the southern end of I-75 this sort of caption seems designed to torment me :banghead: please, show a little mercy, huh? :nopity:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Danno said:
Damn those moderators, they're a bunch of ... Oh, hang on... they can see this, right?
Ban? :devil:

:lol: J/K of course! :jester:

MAKsys, you are just the dedicated enthusiast we have been looking for! You don't even know how many people post sightings, but then do not have a camera on hand to record the event.

Right now regular members don't have attachment posting privilages so a free hosting site such as putfile (see Mceb's post) is your best bet.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
251 Posts
Have any of us thought of the "Solsticearazi" effect...we all want our SOls. NOW, But what if you were to get the first one??!! Being chased down by fellow SOLMATES IN WAITING, pulling alongside you on the freeway...wanting pics, yelling and asking a variety of questions as you are cruising along. Could get kinda crazy... :willy:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Awesome pics Maksys. Just an FYI, if you put the image tags around the exact picture file address once you upload them, they will show in the thread. I'll go ahead and do it for these three.

Again, all three images curteousy of Maksys!

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
'scuse me for asking, but what the hell is driving it?

Sorry, I'm dyslexic. I had it backward.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Very cool seeing it in traffic, nice pics MAKsys

solli4me said:
Yea it looks like a green blob driving :leaving:

·
Registered
905 Posts
mceb said:
Very cool seeing it in traffic, nice pics MAKsys

Yea it looks like a green blob driving :leaving:
Must be those Ohio people, I always knew something was up :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
solli4me said:

Sorry, I'm dyslexic. I had it backward.

I think that looks like a reversed view, cause it's a pic from a mirror, right? Therefore, sunglasses are preferred for top-down motoring, and the gentlemen (facial hair?) looks comfortable and of a large frame; therefore my 6'3" 36 in inseam frame may actually fit in my car. :lol:

And this photo may illustrate the best method for carrying large objects (my guess it's a golf bag carrier, or luggage of some sort) with the top down in the trunk.

Also, Ohioians do tend to run large. And never antagonize green blobs
cause they wont give you a ride in their Solstice. :lol:

·
Registered
37 Posts
It sits on the left side in the mirror picture right? Does that tell you something about where it sits in the car?

I don't say more ;) !

1 - 20 of 34 Posts