Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
6,372 Posts
Mobile 1 is 100% synthetic oil.It is what I have used for the last 30 years.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just to clarify. I’m not confused if Mobil 1 is fully synthetic. My question is if anyone has used the brand Redline. They have full synthetic motor oil and I’m curious if anyones used it.

·
Registered
06 solstice sliver.wicked coupe,dirtbike,4wheeler
2,285 Posts
I use all different name brands of synthetic oil. different companys use different wear additives, I want them all. with the exception of mobile 1.I dont use it. I haven't used redline or the purple stuff. Ive never had a oil related issue with my vehicles.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
i use the Walmart full synthetic, or other brands if they are cheaper... i have never had an oil problem in anything since i've started using synthetic in everything.... why pay more for just a 'name'...

Bill

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
Just to clarify. I’m not confused if Mobil 1 is fully synthetic. My question is if anyone has used the brand Redline. They have full synthetic motor oil and I’m curious if anyones used it.
And that would be where my confusion started. I though you were asking about what oil to use in your Sky Redline!!!!

·
Registered
936 Posts
I use Redline oil for tranny and diff purposes. Mainly because they are the few suppliers that produce quality synthetic GL4 oils plus easy to find at auto part stores. But I never tried Redline engine oil because they are quite expensive and there are vast alternatives. Besides their 1l bottles aren't as convenient as the 4-5l jugs when it comes to storing used oil. :)
Engine oil discussion can turn into holy wars. Just check out the BITOG for instance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts